soda

jeb9860

dOES ANYONE KNOW THE CURRENT PRICE OF A CAN OF SODA ON COSTA. LOOKED AT BUYING DRINK CARDS BUT THE PRICES HAVE INCRESED FROM $30 LAST YEAR TO $41.90 THIS YEAR. SO I WAS WONDERING HAS THE PRICE INCREASED FOR A CAN OF SODA FROM 42.50 THANKS

We just sailed on the Med (3/27) an bought this cards on the interenet prior to sailing and they were only $30.00. A 15% gratutity will be added to this price. We found these cards to be a great value. We were able to use them for any non-alcoholic drink, including fresh squeezed orange juice in the mornings.

In case there is any question... I AM CONFIRMING the price has gone up to over $40.00.... our real question now is what the price of non alcoholic drinks is currently. We are not needing confirmation of what the card is. There was a price increase that took place recently.

Thank you Cgytraveljunkie. Maybe the price of the soda will increase when the ships come back to the Caribbean in November. I have booked 2 weeks over Christmas so maybe I'll just post a new thread when November comes around. Yes, the cards were great value at $30 but at over $40 it doesn't seem worth the hassle of remebering to take the tickets out with you.

Just got off the Atlantica. Sodas are $2.00/can and virgin drinks are $3.95 each. Paid $34.00 ($30.00 + 15% gratuity); can order over the phone or over internet. Not sure when the $40.00? rate goes into effect, because they are

still saying it is current $30.00.

Boys & Girls Card

20 alcohol free drinks form the following selection: Soft drinks, Virgin Delights, Fresh squeezed citrus fruits, Iced Tea, Milk shakes, Assorted Sirups.

THIS IS WHAT IS ACTUALLY LISTED ON THE WEBSITE AS THE COST. ALL I DID WAS COPY AND PASTED.

THIS IS LISTED AS US DOLLARS (According to the Header on the page)

If this is the case, then it is MORE expensive to do this than to buy them seperately (If all you purchased were Soda's)

We are sailing on April 18th on Victoria, and this is the pricing given. It was also CONFIRMED when I called Special Services at Costa on the phone.

Well I guess I got lucky paying only $30.00 + grat. Maybe the price difference reflects the different regions (Caribbean vs. Med), or maybe they are all going up with the new season (Med new season starting now-April and Caribbean new season sarting in November).

I was on the Atlantica the end of Feb. We bought our B&G card the first day (while in Florida waters) The card was $30 plus 15% service and then additional Florida state tax. I thought that was a bit much, but it was bought while in Florida waters so you have no choice. The tickets were great for the virgin drinks. My 17 month old loved the Pink Panthers and the virgin Daquaris. Overall a great deal. As for sodas, I just picked up a 12 pack for in my stateroom.

I to was on the Feb 27 2005 sailing with my family and purchased the card via internet and paid $30.00usd plus 15% gratuity and it was a fabulous deal. My wife used them for cappucinos as well.

P.S. we actually bought 3 cards because we adults used them ourselves.....the virgin drinks are a blast!

There is NO QUESTION it was a "fabulous deal" at $30.00 US, but as you can see, now that the price is $49.10, it makes it a bit harder to justify. I think we will end up just paying for drinks on board, and not bothering with the card. If the savings were substantial it would have been worth it, but even if we ONLY used it for virgin cocktails, we would be saving the whopping $1.50 a drink.... not enough to make me feel like walking around with a pocket full of tickets.

We still ordered the wine package though, that appears to still be a good deal at $119.00.

Archived