Morning Coffee???

nannyd

Nanny this is what we do. My DH and I always like to have the coffee as soon as wewake up. On our first day of the cruise we make arrangements with room service to bring our coffee at a particular time, let's say 6:00 a.m.(we are early risers). If we by chance wake up before, we bring travel mugs from home and my DH goes to the Horizon Ct. to get some. As for room service they have come with the coffee right on the button. No problems. Has worked out nicely with us.

Marilyn

I think it depends on what ship you are on. I am going on the NCL Spirit and I know they do have coffee makers in the cabins... and thank God they do, as I am like you and need that coffee as soon as possible in the AM:)

We always leave a card on our cabin door for room service to deliver coffee the following morning. They call before bringing it so no need to set the alarm clock.;)

We have room service bring the coffee to our room. We have called and we have used the cards that you hang on the door. Its nice that the NCL Spirit has coffee makers in the room , maybe the other cruise lines will follow their lead. Carla

Thanks so much for all of your help. I believe I will make a standing order with room service. We are also morning people so the wake up call will be welcomed.

:) Thanks again, Nanny D

We are coffee "snobs" prefering our own to that served on the ship. We always arrive in port the day before, go to the local walgeens/walmart/whatever and get on of those small 4-6 cup coffee makers and 2 cheap coffee mugs for our cabin. We have already packed our coffee of choice, and are able to enjoy coffee WHENEVER we want, as strong as we like! I ALWAYS have a grateful cabin attendent as we leave the little coffeemaker and mugs for them to enjoy....to date EVERONE of our attendents were so very excited to get it. I assume if they do not drink coffee, or already have one, there is a tremendous "bartering" system between the folks that staff the ship. For a total of under $10 I can have MY coffee, when I want it! ;)

I think it depends on what ship you are on. I am going on the NCL Spirit and I know they do have coffee makers in the cabins... and thank God they do, as I am like you and need that coffee as soon as possible in the AM:)

For the time that it will take you to make a pot of coffee one could get to the Lido deck for a coffee- I take my own insulated mug since the little cups they give you on a cruise line dont cut it in the morning.

For the time that it will take you to make a pot of coffee one could get to the Lido deck for a coffee-.

I'm lucky since my DH is an earlier riser that I am and he usually makes the coffee and brings it to me.. It is the smell that helps wake me up....

I am spoiled, I know :)

Archived