Pride - 9/25 - Grand Turk, HMC, Freeport- Photo heavy

Danacat222

I'm considering either the Pride or Miracle in May for this itinerary. The pics of GT and HMC are always so gorgeous. The Pride would be mighty convenient as I'm less than an hour from port but the Miracle is one extra day and $400 less (per couple) so it's a decision yet to be made. We sailed the Miracle in '07 and loved it.

If you gave up on the dining room, did you eat only at the buffet then or did you try the steakhouse?

We ate mostly at the buffet...one night we had pizza one night because we were not terribly hungry and there was not much on the buffett that we wanted to try, and another day we had burgers from the grill.

We actually had a reservation for the steakhouse for Friday night, but by Friday we were "fooded out," we called and cancelled because we just were not feeling up to a heavy meal. I think we had overdone it at breakfast in the morning to be honest, lol.

Where does the Miracle sail from?

I have to say the port of Baltimore is so easy to get to, right off 95... and as I said my boyfrind lives 7 miles from port, we left his house by taxi at noon and we were crossing the gangway at 12:30. It was so nice to not have to worry about pre-stay, hotels, flights and all that.

Hi Dana!! Loved your review - I'm so sorry you had a crappy experince with the Normandie... I've never had a set dining time, we have always done Anytime, and I will agree that it does seem a bit impersonal - probably more so than when you are at the same table every night. However, I know some people do request the same table - Jen, Eric, Dave, and Cindy always seemed to be in a corner booth spot every night, and by the end they seemed to be having a ball with their wait staff!

I'm glad you still had a good trip!

We ate mostly at the buffet...one night we had pizza one night because we were not terribly hungry and there was not much on the buffett that we wanted to try, and another day we had burgers from the grill.

We actually had a reservation for the steakhouse for Friday night, but by Friday we were "fooded out," we called and cancelled because we just were not feeling up to a heavy meal. I think we had overdone it at breakfast in the morning to be honest, lol.

Where does the Miracle sail from?

I have to say the port of Baltimore is so easy to get to, right off 95... and as I said my boyfrind lives 7 miles from port, we left his house by taxi at noon and we were crossing the gangway at 12:30. It was so nice to not have to worry about pre-stay, hotels, flights and all that.

It sails from New York City (Manhattan). Every cruise we've taken so far has been from NYC. We keep trying to get closer to home (MD) but it just is more bang for your buck to go to NYC or FL. Crazy, I know.

It sails from New York City (Manhattan). Every cruise we've taken so far has been from NYC. We keep trying to get closer to home (MD) but it just is more bang for your buck to go to NYC or FL. Crazy, I know.

Even without paying for parking and without the expense if gas/tolls, flying, hotels? We paid $30 round trip for the taxi.

Well we were thinking about Pride to Bermuda but are now thinking maybe something from Florida without so many Sea days.

We saw some lovely sun sets from the ship...Welcome Aboard day included...

DSC00340-vi.jpg

Going under the Bay Bridge...

PRIDE038-vi.jpg

Night time pool action starting...

I know you stated b4 you used a Canon and a Kodak camera. These pictures are wonderful! Absolutely beautiful! Which camera did you us for the above pictures? I'm using the bottom one for my screen saver it's so gorgeous!!:D

I know you stated b4 you used a Canon and a Kodak camera. These pictures are wonderful! Absolutely beautiful! Which camera did you us for the above pictures? I'm using the bottom one for my screen saver it's so gorgeous!!:D

The first one is with my cell phone camera, Sony Ericsson Equinox.

The second one, of the Bay Bridge, was actually with the little Olympus FE110.

Glad you enjoyed the pics, I have a slide show going all the time, lol.

• 2 years later...