Pullmantur Sovereign 10/27/2012

cruisnpat

Cruisingpat we will be on this cruise departing October 27th. We are from Australia so good to know there will be a couple of English speaking people on the trip.

njgolfer - thank you so much for the informative feedback.

We are currently trying to book excursions but finding it very confusing.

We have sailed with Celebrity before so have no dreams that this is going to be a luxury cruise. Just looking forward to seeing different places before we depart on another Celebrity cruise out of Rome on November 5th. It's a long way to fly from Downunder, so we thought we would make the most of it!

• 4 weeks later...

Great information, NJgolfer. Thank you! I am also from New Jersey and will be taking this cruise with my mom on the 3rd of November (their last sailing of the year). For anyone who has taken the Breezes of the Mediterranean... do you know how early you can drop your bags off at the cruise terminal? How about getting onto the ship? Our flight lands in BCN at 6:15am, so we'll have the whole day to kill. I've been to Barcelona before but my mother has not, so I was hoping to drop off our bags and take her around for a bit. We may very well be exhausted from our red-eye flight from NY, so I am also considering booking a hotel that will hopefully allow an extra-early check-in so we can rest before we get on the ship. Any thoughts? Also, when does Pullmantur send you your final information packet with boarding information, documents, etc? Is it after you pay the final deposit? Thanks in advance for the advice.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Me and my sister are going for our first time cruise the week after you, 03rd november 2012.

I heard a lot of positive notes about the boat, yes a lot of spanish links but most things are in English too. The atmosphere is very relaxes, and it's value for money!

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, we are from the UK and have seen Pullmantur cruises advertised with the Liverpool Cruise Club.

The prices looked very cheap ( £429 pp, one week inc flights and all inclusive based on an April 2013 sailing for one week Med)

We have only sailed with Thomson and Rci so far can anyone tell me a bit more about Pullmantur and how it compares.

Who do other UK customers usually book with please and is the price i have seen typical?

Many thanks in advance ! :D

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys thanks for all info about this ship. We are due to travel with them to the Med in April 2013. We have curised just once last year and are really looking forward to this years. Does antone know how I book shore excurions from Pullmantur please?

My wife and I are also interested in the Pullmantur cruises because the prices is so reasonable and the ports are great. We are intersested in either the Greek Island Cruise/

Turkey or the Baltic/St. Petersberg and the Norway cruise. (back to back)

Questions?

Since they do not always leave from makor port cities, how hard is it to get to the cities they leave from...example Ravenna Italy or a city I had never heard of in Sweden

Also noticed that a couple of their itineraries require visas-is it like other crusielines

that say as long as you go on the ships's tours, that the visa are already included.

I am refering to the cruises going to St. Petersberg and to Turkey.

Tipping? I noticed on their website that their recommend tipping is higher than US lines

$100 per person for a week. versus about $77 for major lines.. Is the service good?

I would appreciate any help as we are planning to go the first part of June and need to get our airfare tied down.

Jerry

Also read where 17 and under are free...is thatstill true?

Archived