Mariner of the seas!

1st time on RCCL, what should we expect? in comparison to carnival,ncl,celebrity,princess and holland america?

how is the mariner??? looks like a fun ship,

any pros and cons?

anyone have pics of the inside staterooms?

and pool areas...

thanks in advance!

I love the Mariner. The Seattle's best coffee shop is great with no charge little sandwiches and deserts, great for that late night snack if you had an early dinner. The Pub just down from there in the mall was so much fun, sort of like a piano bar, but with a guitar man. The adults only pool area was very nice, but we were in Mexico and I am not sure what type of weather you will have. It is a beautiful ship, I miss having her in Los Angeles.

Should be warm to hot out of Galveston in April. The Mariner pools are great - there should be photos on this website. I can only tell you how RCCL compares to Celebrity - it's more casual, more families, a little younger demographic and more diversity in income levels. The food is ok but not as good as Celebrity - simpler presentation overall. My experience has been Celebrity was more laid back while RCCL is a bit more energetic. We enjoy both lines and have learned to tailor our expectations accordingly.

Personally we can only compare to Princess...

We found ships & rooms to be very similar.

Edge to RCCL MDR food.

Edge to Princess for activities--we found more "dead time" on RCCL; not significant, we just feel Princess has a few more options at any given time.

Mom & Dad have cruised all the ones you have, except Carnival. Here is their preferences:

1-Celebrity

2-RCCL

3-Princess

distant 4th--NCL (but even their last cruise was NCL)

DH & I (and my folks) agree--cruise lines are more alike than different. One ship/line might have one area that we liked better than another, but nothing would keep us from cruising any main line!

My cousins have cruised all these lines...they have only done Carnival once, after doing all the others; they compared it to staying at the Motel 6 after getting used to the Marriott. I dunno, any cruise is a good one, imo!

Archived