7 Day Hubbard Glacier Cruise Serenade of the Seas

mslavender

This is my very first cruise, and I am going on the 7 Day Hubbard Glacier cruise on the Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas in July. I have a few questions:

What nights are formal nights?

Does Serenade of the Seas dock in each of the ports: Skagway, Juneau, and Ketchican?

Where is the best place to be on the ship to view Hubbard Glacier and Misty Fjords when cruising?

Any and all advice and suggestions will be very much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Budget Queen: Thank you for your reply. When do most people line up on the front open deck? I am short so I would like to be up in front.

Hi cruising forever: Our cruise starts July 3, 2005. I see that you're going in August.

People come and go out front, just too many underprepared in their attire. I'm tall and always encourage shorter people to stand in front of me, and if their real nice- they always are. :) I pass my binoculars around- really gives a good look at the ice. :) Anyway- the decks are crowded, but not overly so in my opinion. I'm out on deck way before we are at the glacier viewing, so if you are interested in staying out all day, than plan on perhaps an hour before getting out and looking at the great scenery sailing in.

Archived