Airlines messing with flights

rtw68

Having them move our flight by 2 hours actually worked in our favor.

We originally had a cruise that arrived back on Thursday. I had flights leaving on Saturday. Just a month ago, we needed to add a third person in our cabin and it was much cheaper to switch to another cruise, this time a 7-day. Yes, CHEAPER (and we didn't have to pay a change fee), but that's another story. :)

Anyway, a few days earlier our airline changed our flight 2 hours earlier. Remembering this, I called them to "complain" and asked to have it moved to Sunday. They said fine. I also asked them if I could change airports and they said fine to that too.

Anyway, I saved about well over $400 for 2 people by not having to move my flights, between the price difference and and the change fee. I was able to change it for NOTHING!

If Southwest is an option, they almost never change schedules. And bags still fly free!

So not true. southwest has changed are flights all the time. But I am not sure why your complaing about this as it is in there flight contract you sign, just like the wimpy cruise line contract.;)

I am so beyond frustrated with Delta about changes in our flights... they have moved up the connecting flight to have a 47 min layover from a 1.5 hr layover... in ATLANTA! I called and the CSR said "we only need 35 minutes to have a good connection" Really makes me wonder if the CSR has ever been to Atlanta trying to make a connection.

I am sure they have not!!!!! 47 minutes is not enough unless gates are in same concourse

Kind of aggravated, but things will turn out fine. Can't wait to go for our cruise!

I have been checking our flights at least once a month since we booked them in May, and I'll be darned if they didn't move our 3:30PM flight out of Orlando back to 12:35PM (actually cancelled the 3:30PM flight and no longer offer it).

Considering we will be in Port Canaveral and have to have time to get off the Dream and get to Orlando, I thought that was pushing our luck to make a 12:35PM flight.

The bummer is the old flight was a direct 2 1/2 hour flight to Cleveland, now it will be a 6 hour flight (going through Houston) back to Cleveland. Good news is I caught it in time and it was at no charge (because they cancelled the 3:30PM flight).

Word of advice, check your flights regularly! They didn't notify me at all of that significant a change.

It's very frustrating when the flights get changed isn't it??? I had ideal flights to and from FLL for my upcoming cruise and they were changed so many times I lost count. What I wound up with in the end (if it is the end....there are still 4 weeks left til I sail :rolleyes:) is a not-so-great flight home after the cruise.

One thing I will say is that I booked my air through Expedia and every time we have had flight changes (over the years that has added up to dozens of changes), Expedia has always notified us immediately.

Love expedia..hate Delta and really hate US Air.....

Randy or Kathy

I was on the same flight from Orlando and just found out mine was changed to 11:00 that morning. I called Delta and told them I needed a later flight and they were actually very nice and changed mine to 1:30.

We are obviously on the same cruise, have you been on the roll call?

Kellie

Randy or Kathy

I was on the same flight from Orlando and just found out mine was changed to 11:00 that morning. I called Delta and told them I needed a later flight and they were actually very nice and changed mine to 1:30.

We are obviously on the same cruise, have you been on the roll call?

Kellie

Hi Kellie,

Unfortunately, we booked Continental. So the best they could do was one stop through Houston. I really didn't want to cancel and redo the flights at this point.

Been on the roll call. :)

Archived