Return Air from Fiji

maxwebr

Was wondering if anyone has taken the westbound Fiji trip and what airline is used for the return flight. is it Air Pacific? or Air New Zealand? If so, has anyone purchased any upgrades into business and what are they charging for that flight.

Thanks!

We cruised on PG from Papeete to Fiji a few years ago and they used Air Pacific as the carrier to Los Angeles. The plans were older 747's, but business class was quite comfortable. We booked all air through PG and I don't remember the exact total cost of air fare, but I think it was around $3,300/per ticket round trip.

well I asked about the business class when I booked and they wanted $4300/pp. Rediculious. I could fly RT to Asia for that price in business class.

What I was wondering if anyone asked how much the return business upgrade cost at the gate would be.

Its sometimes hard to get into business class in Fiji at the cheaper prices. Would suggest that you buy lounge access for 25 or 50 per person. It means you have a comfortable time before the flight .

Also go earlier on to the airport and visit the office of Air Pacific to waitlist your name for the upgrade and ask for the exit row seats othewise. There are some passengers who will book full fare tickets and cancel at the eleventh hour and then try to get the cheaper biz air at check in. If you put your name on the waitlist before check in you will be earlier in the queue.

Archived