Venice - accessible land taxi

MCDW

Any and all help would be appreciated.

I have a mobility scooter and need to get from the Venice airport to my hotel and a few days later from the hotel to the cruise ship port.

I contacted one agency via email and four days later, no reply. Another, I contacted this morning and no reply.

My hotel is in Marcon, so no water taxi is needed, but a land taxi big enough to take the scooter.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry to hijack, but we are going to Italy next year (Venice to Rome). My DH uses a powerchair pretty much full time now. He has a manual chair, and could transfer in the past, but a year from now, I doubt that will be possible.

Will we be able to find a private tour company in either city that offers accessible vans? I will scour the archives, but we haven't started planning in earnest yet. Thanks for any advice!

I have a travelscoot and had no problem in Venice as the scoot is so small and it collapses. Does your scooter collapse?

Hi,

Yes my scooter folds down. Are there some taxies at the Venice airport that are small suv's or vans?

Information would be greatly appreciated. I have contacted two limo company's. One has not responded and for the other I am in a wait and see mode.

I'm glad you found the transport you need. Google accessible Venice. They have good maps that we used to get around and found it much better than we expected. The map on the accessible site shows ways around the bridges or bridges that are ramped on one side.We used the accessible vaparetto as well. If you go to St. Mark's, as you face the front of the cathedral, go to the left side as there is a ramped entrance there. If it is locked have someone go inside and they will come and open it. At the Doge's Palace there is an elevator behind the cafeteria. You do the itinerary in reverse from the top down and there is an attendant who runs the elevator. I loved the map room.

Archived