Trying to rent a Tuxedo, anyone else having problems with the RCI site?

I am trying to place an order to rent 2 Tuxedo combination packages for our upcoming cruise using the RCI website.

However, I am having problems as the web site says some options are not available, so you can enter specific sizes which I have done. However, when I 'submit' their system tells me information is missing, but it isn't available to select. The drop down lists don't work or the information is grayed out.

I have contacted RCI in the UK but they can't help as it's all done from the US and could only give me a telephone number in the US which has cost me international call rates.

This number then gives me another number to call, but a message tells me to call back during 'normal business hours' but doesn't tell me when 'normal business hours' are bearing in mind I am calling 5 hours ahead of the East coast of the US.

I know at the time of writing this it is not yet 9 a.m. on the East coast, but the message doesn't even tell me if they are available on the weekend!

Has anyone else experienced problems with the website for renting a Tux?

So much for trying to adhere to the suggested dress code!

Ans please, no comments on the rights and wrongs of wearing a Tux, nor taking our own. We have rented before without problems.

I had a problem accessing my reservation to book a shore excursion, some of the time I could access it, some of the time it said the reservation was being modified and to check back later. I was ultimately able to book the shore ex.

we had trouble adding an excursion. If you call them they can do it over the phone.
Thanks for your feedback and although I appreciate that it maybe possible over the phone, I am calling from the UK to the US and as of 2 minutes ago I was on hold for over 10 mins which at international call rates is not economical for me.

I agree. I just tried to rent tux shoes for our upcoming cruise. On the site there was no place to submit the shoe reservation. There seemed to be "submit" buttons for all of the other options but not the shoes.

Hope others are right and all will be well during regular business hours. I really don't want to have to pack my shoes.

For my recent cruise, 9/1/11 on the Explorer, I had no trouble renting a tux on-line. I did have some difficulty getting to the correct web page to fill out the needed sizes, but once I was there, the rest was mostly straight forward. On board, I did find that the measurements I took were a little off and I had to contact the tux guy. I met him a few minutes later and he took care of re-measuring and then provided me with a different jacket and shirt within the next few hours. I asked him about the number of orders he had and the need to book a tux on-line and he told me that he never has a problem meeting the requests for rentals either made on-line or during the cruise. It was interesting getting measured right on the promenade though :) . Hopefully you will find that web difficulties will work themselves out, as I did. Have a great cruise!!

For my recent cruise, 9/1/11 on the Explorer, I had no trouble renting a tux on-line. I did have some difficulty getting to the correct web page to fill out the needed sizes, but once I was there, the rest was mostly straight forward. On board, I did find that the measurements I took were a little off and I had to contact the tux guy. I met him a few minutes later and he took care of re-measuring and then provided me with a different jacket and shirt within the next few hours. I asked him about the number of orders he had and the need to book a tux on-line and he told me that he never has a problem meeting the requests for rentals either made on-line or during the cruise. It was interesting getting measured right on the promenade though :) . Hopefully you will find that web difficulties will work themselves out, as I did. Have a great cruise!!
I've never had these problems previously when ordering on line, but that has only ever been the classic package. We are trying for the combination package this time as we have 3 formal nights and would like to 'ring the changes' by having the vest options. I have spoken to Special Services and have emailed our requirements to them for them to place the orders. The only problem I am having is being able to select the Shirt Sleeve Length and the Vest Colour as the options are not available but their system insists on the info being input.

I just did mine for dh. You have to select from each drop down box EVEN if you also put in a size. So for pants size, I had to select 37 (closest) to the 38 I typed in below. See if that helps!
Thanks for the tip but that's what I've done. The only boxes I can't select from the drop downs are the Shirt Sleeve Length and Vest Color, so the system doesn't like it. Tried all ways but no luck:( Emailed RCI and asked them to set up the orders.

I had a problem when I rented my husband's tux about a month ago. When you clicked on the drop down boxes they flashed and disappeared so you couldn't select anything. After a few tries, I just called and ordered over the phone.
That's the problem I am having. The inconvenience is that I am at least 5 hours ahead of the East coast of the USA and RCI in the UK can't help so I have to make an international call at the relevant expensive call rates!

I had a problem when I rented my husband's tux about a month ago. When you clicked on the drop down boxes they flashed and disappeared so you couldn't select anything. After a few tries, I just called and ordered over the phone.

I had this exact problem recently as well. Emailed RCI, who explained another issue that I wasn't even having.

I then tried it on another computer, and it worked perfectly.

Not sure why, but I couldn't get the drop downs to remain open long enough to click on any of the options.

Can you try another computer?? It was nice to be able to complete the process on line and get the print out with the confirmation and all the specifics.

Good luck!

TnT

I had this exact problem recently as well. Emailed RCI, who explained another issue that I wasn't even having.

I then tried it on another computer, and it worked perfectly.

Not sure why, but I couldn't get the drop downs to remain open long enough to click on any of the options.

Can you try another computer?? It was nice to be able to complete the process on line and get the print out with the confirmation and all the specifics.

Good luck!

TnT

Hi there, I was experiencing exactly the same problems so I tried using Mozilla Firefox as my internet browser and success!

So relieved to be able to order everything and receive confirmation numbers and resulting emails. Now I just had to email RCI to tell them to ignore my previous email as we now have the orders done online.

Such a good suggestion, thank you, but I am used to the fact the a lot of the RCI site is designed to work with Internet Explorer and when people have experienced problems when using Firefox or Google Chrome, if they use IE they have no problems. So it was strange to find it the other way around. At least I can relax now knowing that another of the pieces of the jigsaw are in place.

Hi there, I was experiencing exactly the same problems so I tried using Mozilla Firefox as my internet browser and success!

So relieved to be able to order everything and receive confirmation numbers and resulting emails. Now I just had to email RCI to tell them to ignore my previous email as we now have the orders done online.

Such a good suggestion, thank you, but I am used to the fact the a lot of the RCI site is designed to work with Internet Explorer and when people have experienced problems when using Firefox or Google Chrome, if they use IE they have no problems. So it was strange to find it the other way around. At least I can relax now knowing that another of the pieces of the jigsaw are in place.

Glad it worked for you as well!

I'm definately not a Computer Whiz or have any claims to know too much about their innermost workings.

When I tried it on another computer, I had no idea whether or not it work myself.

Happy Cruising,

TnT

Archived