Civitavecchia to Sorrento

SunFunCruiser

Train:

There are a few direct trains from Civitavecchia to Naples. Otherwise, train to Roma Termini then transfer to train to Naples. In either case, from Naples, you would take the Circumvesuviana train to Sorrento. This is a different but attached station in Naples. Since this is a different railroad company, you won't be able to buy a ticket through to Sorrento, only to Naples.

You could drive. It's about 200 miles mostly on Italy's version of expressways.

The nearest airport to Sorrento is Naples.

If travelling on a weekday, there is a 9:17 train directly to Naples. That would be my choice.

I would absolutely shoot for the IC train that ab0si mentioned, the 9:17. It takes a little longer than the connecting trains (as little as 30 minutes or as much as an hour, depending on the connections), but it's so much easier than getting off with all your stuff and getting onto another train. The ICs are my one exception to my second class rule - on this train I do spring for first class because there is a real difference in the size and comfort of the seating, and because the upcharge for first isn't as much as it is with the ES trains (for this train, first class is Euro 35,50 vs. 26,50 for second class).

Archived