Just Back - Sapphire Princess Pacific Coastal

Princess Patches

I was on the September 24th sailing, and agree completely. the food was wonderful, except for the last night. (better than I had on the Sapphire before)

I was on the Sapphire in 2010 and thought there was definite improvement in the food since that cruise (a lot of new recipes). I have to agree with you and Canadianknight that the last night (American Night) was certainly the least impressive menu of the seven nights.

One thing I noticed...

Both sailings, we did the Champagne breakfast in our cabin. Absolutely love it!

However, this time... I noticed they really got chintzy with the fresh berries. They serve them in a hollowed out cantaloupe ... but I (being a foodie) usually take photos of the food when the presentation is nice.

Compared the pics side-by-side... and the difference between sailings was almost embarrassing... even in presentation.

A minor minor complaint, but still... :) :P

I was on the Sept. 24th cruise. I found the activities to be a bit "lackluster" and the food a hit & miss. Some was excellent and some boring. We had early/traditional dining. Our servers were "tired" and took forever to serve us. There was a table of young children next to us who screamed, cried and threw things sending me to the Horizon Court for some quiet relief. This can happen anywhere you dine. If the parents don't have the good sense to remove themselves, I simply remove myself.

I actually enjoyed the food at the buffet and find the folks behind the counter to be congenial and engaging.

I'm going back on the Sapphire in March [after the retro.] and, look forward to the changes and hopefully, a wonderful cruising experience.

I sailed the southbound repo a couple of weeks before this, and quite enjoyed it, although the sea days weren't all that great in the weather department. I'm definitely giving some thought to booking the 2012 southbound repo (which will be a 7 day instead of 5, and add Nanaimo BC and San Diego) so I can see the ship after the drydock.

We had Steve Moris performing on our cruise, and from that performance it sounded like he was still going to be on the ship for a few more months before the Vegas gig started.

Archived