Nativeway does not get back to you

lesharona

We contacted Nativeway a week ago on Monday. I didn't hear back

until last Sunday.

I then emailed back that yes we would like to reserve space on our upcoming

visit there, today is Saturday and still no reply.

We gave up and have now booked with the ship. We leave in 3 days so

time is running out.

Just go to them and show up! Caymans are having a lot of trouble with internet access since the hurricane! Here is how to get to them.

The tour departs the cruise ship pier at 8:30 AM Central Time and completes

around 11:15 AM Central Time. We ask that you check in around 7:45 AM Central

Time AND no later than 8:15 AM Central Time. When you come ashore, look for

the person carrying the sign that says Native Way Watersports. You may also

ask for us at the information booth at North Terminal.

If for some reason Sharon can not accomidate you there are alot of other people waiting to take you out there for alot less than the ship charges!!

I also had trouble contacting them and finally just called them. I spoke with the owner and she told me that the ship's run on eastern time and Grand Cayman runs on Central time, so I would have to hustle to get to the pier. My ship, the Imagination, comes in at 7:00 Eastern, 8:00 standard, and they leave the pier at 8:30 - has anyone missed a tour because of the time difference or just not getting off the ship in time?

Just got back from GC on the Conquest. They were on Eastern Time and so was the ship. I had heard great things about NativeWay and 20 of us booked the Stingray snorkel and coral gardens snorkel. It was very disorganized. We booked a 9am tour and didn't get out to the stingrays until 11am. We had to wait for one of the owner's to drive thru Burger King on the way to our boat! When finished we were just left at the dock in 90 degree heat with several kids. They cannot handle the massive influx of passengers off of 7 mega ships. I would not recommend NativeWay. The tour guides were great great, but the owner's were too disorganized and unprofessional for our group of 20. I wish I would have stuck with Capt. Marvins.

We just came back from the Grandeur and used Nativeway while in GC last monday. Our ship was late and tendering was a disaster but they still waited for the whole group to arrive.

I thought they were very professional and the guys on the boats were very helpful with the stingrays.

There were only about 4 ships in port that day. Maybe it's more difficult to coordinate times when the port is so full.

***because we were late RCCI combined tours and some of them ended up with about 200 people per tour. People were complaining a lot back on the ship. I'm so glad I booked on my own.

Sher

I sent an email to Nativeway with questions last week3/30 to be exact. I received a responce on 4/3 from Sharon herself. She answered my questions and even helped me with the time change. Haven't decided yet as the tour I was interested in is not going the day Im in port.

If you are truely interested in a tour and you dont get a responce within a week, CALL! Email outside the US can often be delayed and gee its not like there isnt a ship in port almost everyday with customers that the company is trying to service.

I have emailed Nativeway a number of times and never, ever had a problem getting through to them or a lengthy delay in them getting back to me.

I tried Nativeway a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed them. Grand Cayman was nuts with 8 ships in port and I saw lots of overloaded tour boats. The ship tours were the worst.

We went to the Sandbar and a snorkel stop at Coral Gardens. After the tour, they dropped me off at Sea Grape. All for only $30. There was a videographer onboard.

Also, if weather is suspect, the ship tours are the first to cancel. If that happens to you, run don't walk, to the tenders and you will still probably be able to pick up a tour on land.

When I was there, Nativeway did pick up a few walkups while waiting for a few straglers to get off the ship, so it is sometimes possible to get off the ship without a reservation and go with a top-notch company.

When you see the island you will understand why the internet is not back up to full capacity. They had 7' of water and 5' of sand on all the roads. There are still several large resorts that are no where near to re-opening. Very sad, but it seems like everyone on the island has plenty of work.

Archived