Majesty Oct 3 Review

Just returned from the 4 day MOS from Miami - Nassau- Coco Cay- Key West. This was my second trip on the Majesty (prior 3 day trip last year) and 4th cruise overall. I travelled with a long-time friend (her 2nd cruise). We went cheap and booked an interior guarantee during a Wow Sale. We paid $189 pp with $50 OB credit. We flew into Miami on Sunday and stayed at the Hyatt Summerfield Blue Lagoon. I booked this hotel through Priceline and would definitely stay there again. They offered free shuttle pick-up from the airport and had shuttle service available to the cruise port the following morning for $12 pp.

We arrived at the cruise port at 11:15 and were on the ship by 11:45. I'm not sure what time they started boarding, but we were definitely not the first on the ship ! We ate lunch in the Windjammer then went down to see our rooms. Rooms were not available until 1pm, exactly. Our room, as expected, was small, but clean and comfortable. We were assigned 2111. It was convenient to the elevators and the room steward, Don Shawn, was very efficient/helpful/nice. 2111 is directly below the Centrum. I would not stay in this area in the future. Evidently, the ship has a herd of elephants that decide to dance in the Centrum every night (after 2am). I'm not sure what the sounds were coming from, but they happened every night. Also, the nights that there was music/party in the Centrum, we seemed to have front row seats to the event right from our bed (guess we went to bed to early).

Day 2 Nassau -- rain in the am, but cleared out by 10am. We went to the straw market for the typical souveniers. They are still located on the street lining the bay. Then, we went on an afternoon snorkle trip with Stuart's Cove. I had booked this on my own after doing some research. It is not a trip offered by RCI. The afternoon trip goes to 3 different sites. We saw yellow tailed snapper and other schools of fish, but the reef was too deep to see many of the smaller tropical fish. We did get up close with a Barracuda though. The second trip was over a submerged plane that was part of the Jaws set. Again, too deep to see much. They did take us around the bay and one of the crew members dove down and brought up 3 huge starfish for us to see. The 3rd stop was an opportunity to snorkle with reef sharks. This was great! This was also formal night on the ship and more people dressed up than on the 3 day cruise last year.

Day 3 -- Coco Cay. I got up early to dive (1st tender at 745) but the trip was cancelled due to high waves and current. About 150 people were able to tender over to the island, but then were brought back due to the weather. We ended up on a slooooowwww trip to Key West (day at sea).

Day 4 Key West -- great stop! I had never been there and really enjoyed this stop. We went parasailing with Fury. This was available through RCI for about $80, but we booked online with Fury ahead of time for $35. This was my first time parasailing and I loved it!. We then spent the day walking through the town.

Thank you for your review. We are doing the same cruise in November and it is great to hear from someone who just did it. Did you hear of anyone that had a good snorkeling experience, we have snorkeled extensively and would be really disappointed if we did not get to see much. Thanks for including the time you were able to embark, we were hoping to go for around 11:30 and it sounds like this would work out just right. Anything we should not miss in Key West, we haven't been there either and are looking forward to it.

Thanks again

Thank you for your review. We are doing the same cruise in November and it is great to hear from someone who just did it. Did you hear of anyone that had a good snorkeling experience, we have snorkeled extensively and would be really disappointed if we did not get to see much. Thanks for including the time you were able to embark, we were hoping to go for around 11:30 and it sounds like this would work out just right. Anything we should not miss in Key West, we haven't been there either and are looking forward to it.

Thanks again

The frozen chocolate dipped key lime pie on a stick.

Thanks again

we didnt have a bad time snorkling, I just am used to shallower reefs where I am able to see much more. However, the shark experience was really cool and not something that can be done anywhere else that I know of. It is the highlight and made up for the rest of the sites!

The last time I was in Nassau, we did the Seahorse Sail and Snorkle on a catamaran. It was about the same, but only 1 snorkle site if I remember correctly.

Key Lime Pie on a stick, frozen and dipped in chocolate, is YUMMY! Parasailing was incredible ... I would definitely do that again, but make sure to book ahead of time and save 50% +.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.605534906664.2077289.63302354&type=3

Did they have a white night for a pool party? I saw a previous poster say they did. Any shows not to miss? And were teens allowed in the shows? Thanks for the review.

The midnight buffet/dancing under the stars was on Wed. Night. There was a note in the Compass to dress in white... not everyone did.

We didn't go to any of the productions (I had been to them on a prior trip)and didn't really want to go again... they are not bad, but not something I felt the need to see again. We went to watch Karaoke each night during the productions. We did see the Love and Marriage show which was very funny! Also, saw the adult comedian on the last night. He was funny, but not the best performer I had seen on a ship before. The show also seemed short, but I 'm not sure how long it actually lasted.

Teens are allowed in all the shows (even the adult comedy, but be aware of the language). They are not allowed into the Quest show on the last night. There are nightly programs for the teens only.

Thank you for your review. We are doing this route and ship in May. Did you pre-book your shuttle from the hotel to the pier with the hotel? Also, how did you get from the ship to the airport after you disembarked? We have not booked a hotel yet and the Hyatt is another option.

Our cabin is on the floor under the pool deck. I certainly hope we are not up all night because of foot traffic and chairs being dragged across the floor! :eek:

Thank you for your review. We are doing this route and ship in May. Did you pre-book your shuttle from the hotel to the pier with the hotel? Also, how did you get from the ship to the airport after you disembarked? We have not booked a hotel yet and the Hyatt is another option.

Our cabin is on the floor under the pool deck. I certainly hope we are not up all night because of foot traffic and chairs being dragged across the floor! :eek:

no prebooking of transportation. I called the hotel to send the shuttle once we arrived to at baggade claims. They said someone would be there in 20 min.... they were exactly at the said time. Once at the hotel, I asked the front desk about the shuttle to the pier. He took down our info and gave us a "reservation receipt". He told us to be in the lobby at 10:45. The shuttle arrived just before 11am. We paid the shuttle driver directly.

We got into a cab at the port to take us to the hotel once back in Miami.

I forgot to mention:

I carried on 6 bottles of Dasani Water in my tote bag without any problems.

I purchased a wine package on arrival day in the Centrum. They offered a 4 bottle package that is not available online ( that I have seen). The selection was very similar to the gold package. I think it was $108 + gratuity. There were a couple of red wines that the waiter recommended (a Malbec and a Shiraz) that we enjoyed.

Archived