Appleton Rum Factory tour

HappyCruiser383

Has anybody done the Appleton Rum tour? We've already booked this through Carnival but would like to know what to expect. How long of a drive is it? Is it a "white knuckle ride"? Are there any reviews out there on this??

Only 14 days to go! Conquest again!

We leave next week! Help! I'm starting to think that I should cancel the tour.

Happy I would try to post this on the Carnival Board maybe somone can answer it, I think alot of people that are done with there cruise dont come back to this board.

Well, I didn't find much information about this tour but we're still going on it. We're leaving today (ship sails tomorrow!!!!!). I'll post my review when we get back so somebody else can see what it's all about.

I did manage to find one review from a couple staying at a resort in Jamaica. They stated that they got really drunk from all the free samples but they didn't mention much about the drive or the tour itself. Maybe after all those drinks they forgot!? ;)

My DH and I took this tour in December and enjoyed it. The ride to the factory is a long drive, but you get to see the country side. The ride there was scary. It is amazing that they don't have more accidents than what they do.

When you get there you will be served some very strong Rum Punch. Then they take you on the tour. It was interesting. You get to try some sugar cane juice and some molasses. After the tour they serve you lunch. Then you get to try all the rum.

They have two stations that they sit the rum out for you. They provide small sample cups, but you can refill them as many times as you want. I loved the coconut rum. Then you can make your purchases.

After I got home, I opened the coconut rum that I purchased. It was much stronger than I remembered.

• 8 months later...

Archived