Custom air problem

If you have booked custom air w/RCCL don't assume you have nothing to worry about. I just checked online to verify our flights with the airline, that we booked last October had not changed and discovered that my dh's had been cancelled and I was flying with someone I never heard of. I was told by the airline that this was done by the cruiseline and Rccl custom air's only explanation was that they use the same locator numbers over and over and he had been cancelled and given another one...Not sure if he was on the same plane or flying at all?? I think we have it straightened out now and have new seat assignments, luckily still together since our flight is next month.

FyI, rccl uses a ta to handle air (called Sabre) and they do screw things from time to time. At least they were using these people in 04.

SABRE is not a travel agency. SABRE is a Global Distribution System or GDS that some travel agencies use to book air, cars, hotels, etc. Other GDS's include Worldspan and Amadeus. SABRE happens to be the booking system that Royal Caribbean employees uses to book their air flights.

We had custom air booked on our last cruise in Feb. We had no problem going to Miami. However, when we returned from the cruise, the ariline told us our return flight had been cancelled! :eek: We were never able to determine if the airline made a mistake or if RCCL did. It was just by luck we had left the ship early and gotten to the airport and they were able to put us on the correct flights...

Archived