West Palm Beach Pre & Post Cruise

Cruzin Grandma

Due to great flight times and prices, we are flying in and out of West Palm Beach Int. It appears we will be able to stay a litter cheaper also. I would appreciate information for good local restaurants, maybe good seafood. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

If you can get the name of the hotel it would be very helpful. I live up in the North county which is about 20 miles from PBIA and think we have awesome local restaurants (non-chain restaurants) especially when it comes to seafood. The area around the airport can get seedy if you make a wrong turn. There are some good places around the dowtown WPB area, especially around City Place, but most of those places are part of chains.

I'll help however I can, but need a little more info from you to zero in on location.

City Place is a restaurant/shopping complex near the airport on Okeechobee Road. It is very popular wuth many good restaurants to pick.

Google City Place in West Palm Beach and you'll find what you need.

Have fun, M.A.

I always recommend staying in Delray Beach...on Atlantic Avenue..you are at the beach, you can walk to resturants, clubs, shops, great people watching place and it's reasonable..at least I think it is, especially in off season.

City Place..I wouldnt recommend it..it's nice, but resturants are over priced although the Cheesecake Factory is there..it's more of a hang out during the day place to me. I don't like all it all being overrun by teens at night either.

Boynton Beach is nice also..I wouldnt stay at the Holiday Inn at Gateway/95 but there is a great Marriot courtyard at the Boynton Beach Mall and you can walk to a lot of shops/restaurants although it is a busy area..

If you want more luxury, the island of Palm Beach..but it is pricey and Worth Ave is like the Rodeo Drive of the south..but in off season you can stay in a botqiue hotel for half or so of in season..Chesterfield is usually about $300 per night in season have seen it for 140.00 in off season rates.

City Place is a restaurant/shopping complex near the airport on Okeechobee Road. It is very popular wuth many good restaurants to pick.

Google City Place in West Palm Beach and you'll find what you need.

Have fun, M.A.

Archived