Canceling with CCL insurance due to illness..advice please!

mosbee

Anyone had to cancel a cruise with CCL due to illness? Purchased CCL insurance for 7 day cruise but reading the insurance contract is confusing. Is the claim procedure a hassle. Have heard it can be. Will they allow you to just reschedule your cruise? Your advice is very much appreciated.

Last year one member of our family cruise had to cancel due to health issues. She did purchase insurance from Carnival, which by the way is a 3rd party company.

Basically you deal with the other company, all that was required was some forms to fax back along with her Doctors note.

I believe she received all her money back within 3 or 4 weeks....no issues.

As for rescheduling another cruise, I have no idea...you would have to discuss this with Carnival.

Why not just phone the number on your documents? Or give Carnival a call? How far out are you from cruising? Days away and someone just came down with an illness or months away and someone is going to be ill for quite some time? I'd be on the horn talking to someone to make sure all your ducks are in a row. Don't wait until the last minute unless it actually is the last minute!

Why not just phone the number on your documents? Or give Carnival a call? How far out are you from cruising? Days away and someone just came down with an illness or months away and someone is going to be ill for quite some time? I'd be on the horn talking to someone to make sure all your ducks are in a row. Don't wait until the last minute unless it actually is the last minute!

Great advice!!

Anyone had to cancel a cruise with CCL due to illness? Purchased CCL insurance for 7 day cruise but reading the insurance contract is confusing. Is the claim procedure a hassle. Have heard it can be. Will they allow you to just reschedule your cruise? Your advice is very much appreciated.

This question is too vague. Are you asking in general about insurance?

Rescheduling? Of course you can, but with penalty depending on how close the cruise is. Reschedule without penalty..no. It would be, I assume, the same as a cancellation.

Archived