B2B Cruise/Wine Package Question

I can't think of anywhere better than here to ask this question, no doubt someone will know the answer.

We are leaving on the Freedom in a few weeks for a back to back cruise. My husband likes to drink wine and has ordered the wine package before and enjoyed it. But, on this cruise there won't be anyone with us to share his wine (I dislike wine) and he's afraid he won't be able to finish all the bottles in 7 days. If there are any bottles of the package left over at the end of the cruise will they carry over to our 2nd leg or will they just hand the bottles over to him at the end of the first leg to take with us?

Thanks for your answers!

Not sure which ship you are on but when we did a B2B and had wine left over they just held it in the dining room for us. There was a little confusion the first night but they got it sorted out and we were fine the rest of the cruise. Just be sure they know you are coming back and will expect it to be there for you. Good luck and Happy Sailing!!!!:)

I can't think of anywhere better than here to ask this question, no doubt someone will know the answer.

We are leaving on the Freedom in a few weeks for a back to back cruise. My husband likes to drink wine and has ordered the wine package before and enjoyed it. But, on this cruise there won't be anyone with us to share his wine (I dislike wine) and he's afraid he won't be able to finish all the bottles in 7 days. If there are any bottles of the package left over at the end of the cruise will they carry over to our 2nd leg or will they just hand the bottles over to him at the end of the first leg to take with us?

Thanks for your answers!

I would discuss this with a headwaiter before the second cruise. They should be able to arrange to keep your wine, and make things right if somehow the wine gets misplaced between cruises. Don't depend on what a waiter or assistant waiter tells you. They may not even be working the dining room on the second cruise.

Bob

We have just returned from a B2B on Serenade and apparently the rules have changed and they will not carry bottles forward onto the next leg. They have always done this in the past on several B2Bs.

You have two alternatives, one is to take delivery of all of your un-drunk wines on the last day and then bring them into the dining room yourselves, or, to do as we did, make friends with the head waiter for your section and he will take delivery of your bottles and hold them somewhere in the dining room and deliver them as needed. With alternative 2 you will need to specify what wines you would like for the remainder of your package.

I do not know whether alternative 2 will work with all head waiters and on all ships but it worked for us on the Serenade.

My experience was this, on our B2B. When we bought the package at the beginning of the the first half we were told there would be no problem, blah blah. Fast forward to the end of the first half and lo and behold there was wine left over. We asked the wait staff what and how we should do. The head waiter was called, after numerous huddles and mini huddles they asked if we could just take the wines that were left over with us and bring them back as we wished to drink them because it would make their accounting much easier. Not as convenient but since we had the same wait staff and knew what we would order it was not a problem Once I brought a wine into the dinning room I could leave there just as in the past.

Archived