Which side of ship toward Bermuda?

cardamon

As far as I'm concerned, there is no bad side while docked in Bermuda at the Dockyard.

Anyway, it is a crap shoot as to which side goes to the dock. Some of the determining factors would be needed maintenance, life boat drills & current weather conditions and forecasted.

SBtS

On both my cruises to Bermuda - one on the Grandeur (which did the run before the Enchantment took over) and one on Celebrity, the starboard side has been docked facing the port.

I didn't notice a lot of drama when I had a port view last summer. I actually enjoyed the view of the ferry boats zigzagging their way to Hamilton more.

Real simple question. Which side of the ship is usually docked toward the land in the Dockyards i Bermuda? I just want to know if I can watch the late shoppers run for the ship while sipping wine on my balcony!:o:D Thanks!

My 2 cruises starboard, but no guarantees.

On TA on Brilliance we parked Port to dock. Yes, it was fun watching the runners. :D

I always figured that barring other circumstances (such as pier config, port authority requirements, weather, etc...) that left handed Captains preferred Port to dock and right-handed Starboard. Reasoning being the joystick controller at the flying bridge station would be in Captain's left hand on the Port side when facing aft (where most of the ship is from there ;)). Righties would be same but on Starboard side. No proof but something I noted in a TV show about cruise ships while watching a docking procedure. Also saw this on Brilliance as our deck nine balcony had clear view of port side bridge wing and we could watch bridge officers at port sailaways from there.

Archived