? about walkie talkies on NCL....

angelsx4

I've seen them on other cruises, but we never had our kids with us so we didn't need them. How do they work on NCL? Do we get them at the desk or from kids club? Should we bring our own? I'm thinking if dh is up on deck with some of the kids and I'm in the cabin with some or getting ready, we might want to touch base before climbing a billion stairs. We're also on deck 4, is there even any service there?

I know there are quite a few people that really don't like the 2-way radios. With kids, though, they really were handy!

We were on Deck8, aft, and I had no problems getting in touch with my husband, or the kids, when they were in Spinnaker on Deck12 Forward. If there was loud music, well...then they couldn't hear me calling them.

I don't know if NCL would provide them or or not. We brought our own. Rather old Motorolas with 2-mile range.

We used ours on the Spirit, it was Easter so there were a bazillion kids onboard. My husband switched us to a little used channel (he's a techy) and we had no problem. I would suggest you use them for grown-ups only, kids can get really annoying with them. We had one little boy who spent the whole cruise screaming bathroom humor at his brother over them, thus the reason people complain about them. It's not a cell phone, so everyone on his channel walked around with stupid poopy head screeching from their radio. :eek:

"It's not a cell phone, so everyone on his channel walked around with stupid poopy head screeching from their radio"

Lovemylife: You made me laugh right out loud with that. Back to the subject, we used ours telling the kids that they were to move off the beaten track when calling us or receiveing our calls. This way we wouldn't dusturb anyone reading or relaxing on any of the decks. I had a more difficult time keeping track of DH than the kids, maybe this year I'll make him carry one.

Archived