4x4 or tour bus blue mtns

Acrusa

Confused here. Which would offer us a better tour? We have seen ads for 4X4 and tour buses for the Blue mountains. We will be in Sydney middle of Feb 2012 for 4 days.Any preferance for either type of tour.Its for a one day tour.And any reccamondations

• 3 months later...

I am being lazy today and just copied my post from an earlier thread asking about Blue Diamond Tours excursion to the Blue Mountains versus another company. The Blue Diamond excursion was very well organized, and we were very pleased. My post was as follows:

The DH and I took a tour to the Blue Mountains with Blue Diamond on December 2nd. While I can't compare Blue Diamond to the other company, I can say that we were very pleased with Blue Diamond. While we had originally looked at two other companies we booked Blue Diamond on the recommendation of the concierge at our hotel (the Sir Stamford at Circular Quay). We could not have been happier with Blue Diamond and have no qualms in recommending them.

Blue Diamond is a small company with two Mercedes Benz busses. There were eight people on our tour. Alena was able to re-arrange our schedule since that morning there was some mist at the mountains. We stopped at Featherdale first, and then onto the Blue Mountains where the weather had cleared. She also took us to an undeveloped spot where we were the only people! No other tour groups were there! The tour also included a morning stop at a bakery for delicious scones and later a full lunch.

The tram tickets at Scenic World are not included in the basic fare, but are indeed added on if you choose to do it. All of the people in our group did the tram, but any one with a fear of heights would have problems. In that case, they could just ride around the other side in the bus.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived