Mini Review 3-Day Dream

ducklite

I'm going to write a full review, but wanted to share a few thoughts with you all.

We boarded the Dream on 10/6. We were booked in a 1BR concierge suite, so went straight to the concierge check-in area at the port. That was a pretty efficient process, and then we were led onto the ship without waiting in line to board. There was definitely a disconnect at this point with the DCL staff with no one really knowing what the other was doing and a CM who seemed to have a pretty major language barrier trying to lead us on--we got separated by other DCL staff who sent us in a different direction even though we were supposed to be following this other CM--the term "herding cats" comes to mind.

Anyhow, once on board we made our way to the concierge lounge--the staff was absolutely terrific. I can't say enough about them. We didn't think we'd really use the lounge--but it turned out to be very convenient to dash in and grab a snack or drink.

We prefer the mid-ship 1BR on the Magic to 12512 that we occupied on the Dream. It was larger and had balcony access directly from the bedroom. We also missed the wet bar. That said, our balcony on the Dream was huge--because it occupied part of the bump, it was double depth through about half of it.

The first night was really rocky. Terrible. I left dinner mid-way through the appetizer. On my way back to our cabin I saw a number of protein spills being attended to. In the short time I was in the dining room, I was underwhelmed by the service. It was pretty much non-existent. We all ordered soft drinks, the assistant waiter brought two of the three. I was told that the third one materialized after several requests near the end of the meal. My husband had asked to have my entree wrapped so he could bring it to me, the server took the entree but never brought it back. My appetizer was fabulous by the way, really regret not being able to finish it.

The next morning we were in Nassau, I had a massage that was wonderful. Inside the treatment room it was quiet and peaceful, outside there seemed to be a lot of people coming and going, maybe because the area is now shared by the health club, but overall the experience wasn't as relaxing as it could have been.

We had dinner at Palo that night, terrific as we had expected. We were surprised to see a couple of tables stay empty all night.

The next morning we woke up to the vibration of the ship as Captain Gus tried to bring us into Castaway. A couple of times. It was pouring out, and we had a feeling that we weren't going to make it. Bummer, we had reserved a cabana and were looking forward to a great beach day. Ah well, Disney can do a lot, but they can't control the weather.

We dined at Remy that night, exceptional. One very minor service gaffe, but overall it was everything you'd expect plus some. We left absolutely stuffed, I couldn't finish my dessert.

I was woken up around 12:30 by rough seas, and around 2:30 woke up again, clutching the bed to avoid being tossed out of it.

Got off the ship at Port Canaveral into a torrential storm.

A few other things:

Had lunch the first day at Cabana's, not impressed.

Had lunch the second day at Royal Palace, excellent food and service.

Had lunch the third day at Enchanted Garden, not impressed.

Ordered a hot breakfast to our room each morning--didn't like that we had to do so the night before through the concierge. Would have preferred to pick up the phone and order like we did on the Magic. Had the continental breakfast from room service the last morning and carried our own bags off the ship--with only three days we only had a medium suitcase and a garment bag between us.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Hi. We were in 11002, and also had the extended verandah on the bump, but we hated ours because it was so enclosed. Are the verandas on the bump out on deck 12 as enclosed? Ours was pretty much a window opening.

Totally agree with you...we also prefer our midship suites on the classic ships.

• 4 months later...

are you ducklite on the disboards? (i'm disneyholic family over there).

anyway, i see you were in the stateroom i'm considering..

as of now, i have us booked into 12508 - category V...

that would be ok for two people, but i'm taking my mom and sister on this cruise and i have a feeling we'll be a bit cramped in a cat V...

so i'm thinking of upgrading us to 12512 (still available)...

this is for a 4 night cruise..

i'm a bit worried by your review - we're also going in october...i sure hope we don't have bad weather....

is it true that on a 4 day, if they don't make it into CC on the scheduled day, the try again on the day at sea?

i also plan on taking a cabana for our CC day...

gosh, i'd hate to take my mom and sister - 2 non-cruisers - on a 4 day cruise to hell....(bad seas and bad weather)...

we also always went midship on the wonder - either in the 1 bedroom or the walt suite - this front of the ship thing has me nervous, especially with the possibility of rough seas in october.....

anyway, i see that you liked 12512....i think it makes sense for me to upgrade..

it will be another $2000, but probably well worth the expense..

if it were DH, the kids and me, i wouldn't hesitate.....but my mom is VERY critical about frivolous expenditures....(crazy that at 56, i still am scared of my 84 year old mom :eek: )....

but we'll all enjoy it much more in the 1 BR i'm sure..

(actually, if it were DH, the kids and me, i'm sure i would go for a royal suite - also still available ;) )

i just read a review of room 12512 on the disboards.

the reviewer said that the one problem with the room, was hearing noise from the gym right below.

She said they could hear the beat of the music from very early in the morning.

did you also find that to be true?

i just read a review of room 12512 on the disboards.

the reviewer said that the one problem with the room, was hearing noise from the gym right below.

She said they could hear the beat of the music from very early in the morning.

did you also find that to be true?

Never heard a peep! It was a very quiet room and I'd book it again in a heartbeat.

Archived