Question for Shooshoo - Grand Cayman Car Rental?

Susie

Hello, Shooshoo!

I saw a posting where you indicated you had difficulty finding a rental vehicle for your April trip to Grand Cayman. I've contacted Coconut Car Rental but they have not responded. I need to just call them. I thought I'd ask who you are renting yours through. I know that everyone is not quite up to speed yet on cars, etc., since the hurricane so if you don't mind sharing, it might save me some time locating a vehicle. We're going to drive to Rum Point. This will be our third trip over there.

Many, many thanks for any info!

Susie

We will be in Grand Cayman on April 12th and reserved a Jeep back in Jan thru Cico/Avis Rent a car. Received an email conformation in Jan & I emailed them a week ago to confirm again ...She said "All Set".

All inclusive 79.50 a day www.aviscayman.com

Hope this helps:)

Hello, DKJ!

Many thanks for the information. I will contact this Avis. Can you tell me which location you have selected to pick up your vehicle? I'm trying to avoid being shuttled to the airport to pick up the car, if possible. Last time we were able to get our cars within walking distance of the tender pier.

Thanks again!

Susie

Hi Susie,

On the web site , it shows The Blue Iguana as pu site and then courtesy ride to car rental site.According to maps The Blue Iguana is to the right of dock area , 2blks down , next to Hard Rock Cafe.

Haven't been there before...so I'm just going to play it by ear.

Good Luck,Donna

Archived