Halloween, need clarification

blondie219

Could someone help please and if this has already been answered, please dont flame me ;). We are sailing 10/24 through 10/30 on the Glory out of Norfolk. One of the members of our Roll Call was told by his PVP that there would be a Halloween related on-board party, however I read somewhere else that this year Carnival would only be having this on the 31st. Just trying to get some clarification, I have emailed directly to the Carnvial team yesterday, but haven't gotten a response back yet. Just trying to determine rather to pack up our costumes or not. Thanks for any help

Could someone help please and if this has already been answered, please dont flame me ;). We are sailing 10/24 through 10/30 on the Glory out of Norfolk. One of the members of our Roll Call was told by his PVP that there would be a Halloween related on-board party, however I read somewhere else that this year Carnival would only be having this on the 31st. Just trying to get some clarification, I have emailed directly to the Carnvial team yesterday, but haven't gotten a response back yet. Just trying to determine rather to pack up our costumes or not. Thanks for any help

So sorry to tell you this, but whay you read was right. Halloween activities are on the 31st only. John Heald addressed this today on his FB page. So sorry.

I got my carnival response today and they said that the festivities were slated to be held on the 24th (which is the first day of our cruise). So we are going to pack our costumes, and maybe have an impromptu party of our own should there not be one fleet wide.

Single Digits....happy dancing.

Thanks for your replies.

I got my carnival response today and they said that the festivities were slated to be held on the 24th (which is the first day of our cruise). So we are going to pack our costumes, and maybe have an impromptu party of our own should there not be one fleet wide.

Single Digits....happy dancing.

Thanks for your replies.

Thats interesting? I was disappointed last week when John Heald posted that they USED to do Halloween the week before but this year Carnival has decided to celebrate it on the 31st only. I would quote his post but I am at work and they block us from facebook :(

Where did you hear this from? I will post it to John on his FB page when I get home

Really, that's interesting to hear about the 24th. I do know I hate how Carnival has handled this whole Halloween situation. I didn't hear any official announcement just what John Heald may have said. I do know one thing. I WILL have a great cruise one way or another. We are bringing our costumes and will be celebrating Halloween with or without the crew. I suggest the people on the fence about this do the same. We will just have to make our own Halloween party.:D

Please beware of the info you get from the PVP's etc. as sometimes they are ill informed. The official word from the beards via John Heald is that there will be no official Halloween celebrations until the 31st.

Please beware of the info you get from the PVP's etc. as sometimes they are ill informed. The official word from the beards via John Heald is that there will be no official Halloween celebrations until the 31st.

thats what I thought too :)

What I did was went thru the contact us option on Carnival's website and sent the question via email. This was the response I received.

upon further review we do see that Halloween festivities will be celebrated on the Glory on 10/24/2011.

Halloween is always a fun and memorable time aboard a Carnival ship. Guests can enjoy a variety of fun-filled activities, everything from costume contests and Halloween-themed giveaways to scary movies, and, of course, trick or treating with candies. Children and adults are encouraged to bring costumes so they can compete for a variety of prizes during the always-interesting costume contest and parade. Carnival crew members will be dressed in costume, as well, and guests can have their photos taken with Carnival's own "Fun Ship" Freddy. Guests ages one to 14 are also invited to go trick or treating along the ships' promenades and through various public rooms and areas, stocking up on candies.

Costumes: Please advise guests that imitation or toy weapons are prohibited.

Thank you for choosing Carnival.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Belinda Solis

Guest Solutions

What I did was went thru the contact us option on Carnival's website and sent the question via email. This was the response I received.

upon further review we do see that Halloween festivities will be celebrated on the Glory on 10/24/2011.

Halloween is always a fun and memorable time aboard a Carnival ship. Guests can enjoy a variety of fun-filled activities, everything from costume contests and Halloween-themed giveaways to scary movies, and, of course, trick or treating with candies. Children and adults are encouraged to bring costumes so they can compete for a variety of prizes during the always-interesting costume contest and parade. Carnival crew members will be dressed in costume, as well, and guests can have their photos taken with Carnival's own "Fun Ship" Freddy. Guests ages one to 14 are also invited to go trick or treating along the ships' promenades and through various public rooms and areas, stocking up on candies.

Costumes: Please advise guests that imitation or toy weapons are prohibited.

Thank you for choosing Carnival.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Belinda Solis

Guest Solutions

That letter is a copy and paste from the FAQ's on CCL site.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466#q-1012258

Type Holidays in FAQ's

possibly the "script" that they are given so that everyone receives the same responses, but I didn't copy it from the carnvial site, it is what they sent to me. Guess we will pack costumes, and if they have one then we will be ready. If they dont, then it wont matter :)

possibly the "script" that they are given so that everyone receives the same responses, but I didn't copy it from the carnvial site, it is what they sent to me. Guess we will pack costumes, and if they have one then we will be ready. If they dont, then it wont matter :)

I didn't mean to imply that YOU copy and pasted. I was just saying that what they sent you was the same info from the FAQ's is all.

I had asked a question about a week ago. The response I was given is what I already knew from FAQ's but I was what I was asking was a little more detailed then what was offered in FAQ's. Needless to say my specific question did not get answered, LOL

Archived