Concierge & Butler did not get our tips :(

lovetoreview

We got off the Epic on October 2nd and noticed that NCL has still not charged our credit card on file for the tips we placed on our on board account. We did this because we still had some OBC and wanted to use it up, otherwise we would have just handed each cash. We went to the customer service desk on the Saturday before our cruise ended, waited in line and filled out charge slips for each our Concierge, Butler and Room Steward, signed the slips and told each we left them tips and THANK YOU for their amazing service. I called NCL today and there was nothing on our account and no one got any of our tips. I am not very happy right now and that makes US look horrible. Spend 20 minutes today figuring how how to get each of them tips and they said we can mail individual checks to NCL and they would give them the money. I will be doing that once they get our Butlers last name. I just hope they end up getting our money! Next time, I will just hand them cash!!

We got off the Epic on October 2nd and noticed that NCL has still not charged our credit card on file for the tips we placed on our on board account. We did this because we still had some OBC and wanted to use it up, otherwise we would have just handed each cash. We went to the customer service desk on the Saturday before our cruise ended, waited in line and filled out charge slips for each our Concierge, Butler and Room Steward, signed the slips and told each we left them tips and THANK YOU for their amazing service. I called NCL today and there was nothing on our account and no one got any of our tips. I am not very happy right now and that makes US look horrible. Spend 20 minutes today figuring how how to get each of them tips and they said we can mail individual checks to NCL and they would give them the money. I will be doing that once they get our Butlers last name. I just hope they end up getting our money! Next time, I will just hand them cash!!

Personally, I would wait a bit longer before I sent out more money. I am not sure I would go simply on what the phone rep said. It could still be in process and they can't see it on their screens - who knows, but 12 days is not that long for a charge to show up.

Our final bill always arrives in our cabin the night before our cruise is over. Was your tips on your onboard expense bill? If it was and you are just saying the balance has not cleared your credit card account yet. Like another suggestion I would wait at least 10 working days for it to show up and if it doesn't contact your credit card company before sending out the cheques. Some credit card companies are a little slower at processing.

I agree that it would be nice if you could tip the suite staff via the onboard account system - we found it hard to scrape together enough cash for our butlers the last time we were in a suite (10 yrs ago). As far as the OBC my experience is that is used to offset your onboard expenses including the 12.00/day tip pool.

As for trying to correct what happened, I would think that the hotel director would be able to correct things - from sending you the names and address of your suite staff to working with the purser's staff to make sure that either the tips are applied properly or remind them that they can't do it.

I hope that you are able to resolve this issue - I know I would feel terrible leaving the notes for the staff about the tips and then finding out that your best laid plans backfired. There is also quite a long time between when you leave the ship and your card gets processed - apparently everything has to go through Miami for processing. I have had it take several weeks for charges to appear on my CC. The important part is what shows on your final bill. Were the tips there or not?

The tips were not on our final bill, but I know if you do transactions Saturday, sometimes they are not on there, so I didn't think twice about it. We were given carbon copies of the receipts we signed and it had the name, position and amount on it. Yes I will wait a few more business days then check back. Thank you all for the support!!

Oh I forgot, and yes we were told we could use our on board account and any OBC to pay for the extra (on top of the 12.00 pp/pd) tips thats why we did it. We had $850.00 in OBC and we had about $85.00 left so we figured the rest of the money that we went over they would charge to our card. We shall see and I will keep you all posted. I think next time though, Ill just pay each cash :) Easier than this hassle!!

Oh I forgot, and yes we were told we could use our on board account and any OBC to pay for the extra (on top of the 12.00 pp/pd) tips thats why we did it. We had $850.00 in OBC and we had about $85.00 left so we figured the rest of the money that we went over they would charge to our card. We shall see and I will keep you all posted. I think next time though, Ill just pay each cash :) Easier than this hassle!!

Was the OBC (refundable or non-refundable). I had a similar problem while on-board NCL Star. I could use the refundable for tips, but not the non-refundable. But they wouldn't use the non-refundable for purchases on-board, until the refundable was all used up. Does that make sense? Hope so.:confused:

Sorry for the delay in response, I was in Disneyland :) Our OBC was refundable, we just got the check today from NCL from what was refunded back to us. So...I guess they really didn't get our tips and will be sending off the checks to NCL in hopes they get them now. Thank you all for the help!!

Archived