Corner aft on Voyager class question

Greg in GA

I am sure someone knows the answer to this question.

We are booked in cabin 7388 on Explorer of the Seas late this summer and I know this is a great location because of all of the information I have seen on the boards. My question is ... can you feel more vibrations from the engines/propusion system in the rear of the ship. On all of my other cruises we have either had midship cabins or toward the front.

Thanks for the help,

Greg

I am sure someone knows the answer to this question.

We are booked in cabin 7388 on Explorer of the Seas late this summer and I know this is a great location because of all of the information I have seen on the boards. My question is ... can you feel more vibrations from the engines/propusion system in the rear of the ship. On all of my other cruises we have either had midship cabins or toward the front.

Thanks for the help,

Greg

I'm glad you asked this Greg. I want to know as well!!! Can anyone help? Also, can you feel any air back there on the aft cabins? Any breeze at all?

on the aft you will feel no ocean breezes like you can on the side.

Its like when you are in the car driving--you can feel wind on the side but not in the front because of the window== same thing here. You will find it very warm in the aft.

http://community.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi

sailed in cabin 8692 and no we did not feel any extra motion or noise from the ship. SOme people on the other side did have soot but if you wipe down your chairs before you use them you wont have a problem.

On the voyager there is a crew deck on deck 6 so you cant look down into the water. The view is still amazing back there plus my balcony was big enought that we had a party out there with at least 20 people. THe balcony does hold 2 lounge chairs PLUS two reg chairs and a table.

see our web page for the Voyager-- http://community.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi

After just consulting with my husband -- who is much more sensitive to the ship movement than me -- we concurred that the only time we felt any vibration in our cabin (1694 on the NOS - deck 10) was when the sea was very rough, and I would call it significant. I don't know what to attribute that to, but on the smooth sea days, we felt or heard nothing... but enjoyed an excellent view of the wake!

(Fantastic photos, serene56... and nice that you labeled the cabin #'s! Wish I had found that prior to OUR booking! ;) )

Archived