Last Minute Travel - Newbie - Hotel Reservation

plan2travel

We booked JW Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel through Last Minute Travel for a one night pre-cruise stay. Most people on this board seem to have a good experience using LMT but I have seen a few posts indicating that reservations weren't always honored. Anyone have experience with this hotel? Do you know when reservations booked through LMT will "show up" in the hotel system? I'd like to confirm my reservation before we actually arrive. Anyone done this? Thanks for any help.

I have used LMT and after a week I call the hotel directly to make sure they have our reservation. Luckily I did the one time because LMT gave them the wrong week but it got corrected. I have always got my room requested.

We booked JW Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel through Last Minute Travel for a one night pre-cruise stay. Most people on this board seem to have a good experience using LMT but I have seen a few posts indicating that reservations weren't always honored. Anyone have experience with this hotel? Do you know when reservations booked through LMT will "show up" in the hotel system? I'd like to confirm my reservation before we actually arrive. Anyone done this? Thanks for any help.

We always call the hotel directly a week after booking to make susre we are in their system. If not showing up , I continue to call every few days if the rep can't right then give me the hotel res number. Sometimes they do that.

Also, because we are extra careful, due to a fiasco one trip (NOT this discount site) we email the hotel ( so we have it on paper) or call at least, two or three days before our stay to get the assurance we have a room. Especially if arriving later.

Archived