Gay Bars - Restaurants - Hawaii

Kruz Guys

We are going on the NCL Pride of America the week of December 10th (Honolulu, Maui, Hilo, Kona, Kauai).

Can anyone please give us some links or recommendations for gay or gay friendly bars and restaurants in these ports, particularly Honolulu, Maui, and Kauai?

We are an older couple who have been together 31 years so we are not the late night dance until dawn party animals any more. Just would like some places to go to relax and mingle with the local gay crowd, enjoy some drinks and good food.

Kruz Guys

Stephen and Tom ;) :)

We are going on the NCL Pride of America the week of December 10th (Honolulu, Maui, Hilo, Kona, Kauai).

Can anyone please give us some links or recommendations for gay or gay friendly bars and restaurants in these ports, particularly Honolulu, Maui, and Kauai?

We are an older couple who have been together 31 years so we are not the late night dance until dawn party animals any more. Just would like some places to go to relax and mingle with the local gay crowd, enjoy some drinks and good food.

Kruz Guys

My partner is from Honolulu and when we go back for a visit we always eat at Alan Wongs. This is the place where Obama dined and the food is out of this world!

Hulas is the only bar we are aware of very "local".

Enjoy:)

Joe

My partner is from Honolulu and when we go back for a visit we always eat at Alan Wongs. This is the place where Obama dined and the food is out of this world!

Hulas is the only bar we are aware of very "local".

Enjoy:)

Joe

Terrific. Thanks for the info. We'll try it! :D

Kruz Guys

Hulas is one place in Honolulu we went two 10 years ago. We went to two others, but can't remember their names. One was near a gay bath and one was a very local place downtown. I'm sure if you google you will find. Enjoy your cruise and please post a review when you get back.

I sailed the Pride last year on the RSVP charter. Hulas was fun and the age ran the gamit...and was a friendly bar.

I checked out restaurants in advance as I wanted to dine where locals ate. The result was the Side Street cafe......

Food was fabulous, simple and served family style, The deep fried pork chops I still dream about.

We also ate lunch at Dukes right there in Waikiki.........highly recomended.

Have a great cruise!

PS...if you have strong legs...climb up diamond head...its worth it!

Thanks to all for the info about Alan Wongs, Hula', Duke's and Side Street. That ought to give us great times. We're looking forward to the trip and will try to do a review when get back. Going to stop in San Francisco for a few days on the return to Houston after the cruise. Love that place.

Thanks again for the info.

Kruz Guys

Stephen and Tom

stephenandtom@att.net

At the reception/ pursers desk there is a great guy....name is Haley McBride....say hello. He is family and should be able to fill you in on any onfo you might need.

Tom

We will defintely make a note of his name and stop by to say "hi".

Thanks Tom

Stephen and Tom

Like you two, my husband and I are 'old timers' together for 36 years. Hawaii is one of our favorite places in the world; I have family that lives in Honolulu. You might want to check out the web site http://www.gayhawaii.com for info related to gay travelers in the islands.

I want to read your review when you get back. We have debated taking this cruise and I'd love to hear what your experience was like.

Aloha and happy sailing!

Martin

Like you two, my husband and I are 'old timers' together for 36 years. Hawaii is one of our favorite places in the world; I have family that lives in Honolulu. You might want to check out the web site www.gayhawaii.com for info related to gay travelers in the islands.

I want to read your review when you get back. We have debated taking this cruise and I'd love to hear what your experience was like.

Aloha and happy sailing!

Martin

We definately will do some sort of review - probably not one of those extensive reviews but something telling highlights and good experiences (hopefully no bad ones will be experienced).

Thanks for the website. Will check it out for sure.

Best to you both.

Stephen and Tom

stephenandtom@att.net

We definately will do some sort of review - probably not one of those extensive reviews but something telling highlights and good experiences (hopefully no bad ones will be experienced).

Thanks for the website. Will check it out for sure.

Best to you both.

Stephen and Tom

stephenandtom@att.net

Don't forget our family life review.........

Hulas was fun and the age ran the gamit...and was a friendly bar.

I checked out restaurants in advance as I wanted to dine where locals ate. The result was the Side Street cafe......

Food was fabulous, simple and served family style, The deep fried pork chops I still dream about.

We also ate lunch at Dukes right there in Waikiki.........highly recomended.

Have a great cruise!

PS...if you have strong legs...climb up diamond head...its worth it!

Ah... good times, Tom!

At the reception/ pursers desk there is a great guy....name is Haley McBride....say hello. He is family and should be able to fill you in on any onfo you might need.

Tom

Forget him, is Micah still in the Lanai Bar?! I wouldn't mind watching him mix me a Mai Tai right now. :D

Ah... good times, Tom!

Forget him, is Micah still in the Lanai Bar?! I wouldn't mind watching him mix me a Mai Tai right now. :D

We are going to be close to the Lanai Bar (Deck 13) - we're on Deck 10 in one of the Penthouse Suites up in the bow area. Only 3 decks away and we'll let you know who is mixing Mai Tai's these days. :D :cool: :p :D

Kruz Guys

Yes, having a drink made by Micah would be very nice right about now. Having him on your lap is even better....Peter aka Boytjie, eat your heart out.....LOL

Note: the Pride is no looker, but she does a great job there in Hawaii and the crew was great. I would go back.

1361140649_Hawaii2010067.jpg.ea2bcc148011539994141d3ec2ea0ab8.jpg

Yes, having a drink made by Micah would be very nice right about now. Having him on your lap is even better....Peter aka Boytjie, eat your heart out.....LOL

Note: the Pride is no looker, but she does a great job there in Hawaii and the crew was great. I would go back.

Loved the picture of you and Micah. Haven't met him yet but having him on your lap does look inviting.

We've heard the Pride is not the high point of the trip, although reviews have been mostly good and travelers have said the crew was wonderful.

BTW, I imagine that FOD meet on the POA and that there will be a good number of family.

We'll give you a report when we get back late December.

:D :cool: ;) :p :)

Argh!!

Loved the picture of you and Micah. Haven't met him yet but having him on your lap does look inviting.

We've heard the Pride is not the high point of the trip, although reviews have been mostly good and travelers have said the crew was wonderful.

BTW, I imagine that FOD meet on the POA and that there will be a good number of family.

We'll give you a report when we get back late December.

:D :cool: ;) :p :)

It's all about Hawaii. The ship was better than expected, but my expectations were rather low. :)

As far as Maui goes, head down to Kihei (Key-Hey). There is a restaurant that is very friendly, Gion Don's. While there are no gay bars in Maui, this is going to be as close as you can get. We were there on New Years Eve and had a great time.

Also check out Little Beach. It is a gay beach (although we saw several straight people there) that is clothing optional. The beach is amazing and right next to Big Beach. Depending on when you are there the locals have a bon fire and music on sunday nights....

There is also an all gay hotel in Kihei. They are in the middle of expanding and not sure if they are done yet. It is a quaint little place and may offer a day pass if they are fully open. Not sure if this is an option yet tho. The name of the hotel is the Sunseeker Inn.

Maui has a rather large gay community but they are quite, umm, close knit and keep to themselves...... But VERY friendly when you get to know them.

As far as Maui goes, head down to Kihei (Key-Hey). There is a restaurant that is very friendly, Gion Don's. While there are no gay bars in Maui, this is going to be as close as you can get. We were there on New Years Eve and had a great time.

Also check out Little Beach. It is a gay beach (although we saw several straight people there) that is clothing optional. The beach is amazing and right next to Big Beach. Depending on when you are there the locals have a bon fire and music on sunday nights....

There is also an all gay hotel in Kihei. They are in the middle of expanding and not sure if they are done yet. It is a quaint little place and may offer a day pass if they are fully open. Not sure if this is an option yet tho. The name of the hotel is the Sunseeker Inn.

Maui has a rather large gay community but they are quite, umm, close knit and keep to themselves...... But VERY friendly when you get to know them.

Wonderful information. Really appreciate you sharing this.

Kruz Guys

Stephen & Tom

I'd say it's a clothing optional beach that also has gays. ;)

Even when we were there off the RSVP cruise there were still more straight people than gays. It was a Sunday, Halloween 2010. It was fun... drum cicles etc going. We left before bonfires started.

I'd say it's a clothing optional beach that also has gays. ;)

Even when we were there off the RSVP cruise there were still more straight people than gays. It was a Sunday, Halloween 2010. It was fun... drum cicles etc going. We left before bonfires started.

Won't be there on a Sunday but hope we can check it out anyway.

Thanks for the info.

Kruz Guys

We were on the PP cruise with you, Nov 2010. Remember the tin man and and the scarecrow, thats was us........

Archived