Our FIRST RCCL Cruise- FOS 10/2-10/9

BLAMBKY

Soooo?:rolleyes: Will you come back and write a review for me? I am hoping to do Easter route next year![/quote

Absolutely, my pleasure. I may not be as good at reviews as the infamous Trainman, but will give it my best shot.

Michael

Great review..I would have known you were a teacher if you hadn't mentioned it..:) I'm a teacher too! Can you tell me where the karaoke

Takes place? Sounds like so much fun! Is it only one night?

Just want to be sure not to miss it...thanks again for posting. I thoroughly enjoyed it..:)

Soooo?:rolleyes: Will you come back and write a review for me? I am hoping to do Easter route next year![/quote

Absolutely, my pleasure. I may not be as good at reviews as the infamous Trainman, but will give it my best shot.

Michael

Who can match Trainman?! :p I am looking forward to it!

Great review..I would have known you were a teacher if you hadn't mentioned it..:) I'm a teacher too! Can you tell me where the karaoke

Takes place? Sounds like so much fun! Is it only one night?

Just want to be sure not to miss it...thanks again for posting. I thoroughly enjoyed it..:)

:rolleyes: Hmmmm, I wonder what gave me away as being a teacher? The constant stopping, starting to add a detail? ;) Tomorrow is first day back after fall break, wish me luck! :p

They had it several nights, so just go with several songs & artist in mind! Have lots of fun!

Edited by BLAMBKY

<a href=http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6060/6243573329_c21b79b12e.jpg' alt='6243573329_c21b79b12e.jpg'> 028 (2) by Brit38ky, on Flickr[/img]

Seriously, no one caught or commented that my 1st meal we actually were sitting in Jade?! I am shocked!:eek: :p This has bugged me and I can not rest without clarifying, that I know we were sitting in Jade. I all week considered the whole food area on the 11th deck the WindJammer. :eek::rolleyes: Do you think I could get banned for life for thinking such thoughts????

Just finished reading your review and I have a question for you...as you could tell from reading my "review" we have never sailed without a balcony and I am going completely nuts over it :eek:. We are booked in the family Ocean view cabin 8200 and it overlooks the helipad. I noticed you guys did sail away from that location and was wondering how the view was from there, I can't find any pics showing the view from our booked cabin. Also, considering the ship, do you think we will REALLY miss our balcony? I keep telling myself there is so much more to see/do than on the Imagination we will be to busy to miss it. We only really use the balcony for morning coffee, watching the sunrise and sailing into/out of port. My kids will be 8, 4 and 4 (boys will be 3 weeks shy of 5) at time of sailing so hoping not to miss the balcony in the mornings, really love having my coffee their before waking the kids :confused:. Great review and your family is so CUUUTE

Thanks so much for your review, I'm glad your experience on RCCL was a great one!

I am sailing on the Freedom this Sunday and I am soooooo excited!!!! This will be my 3rd time on the Freedom and she is a fab ship! :p:p We are in JS 1706 on the aft, first aft on a Freedom Class ship :D

Just finished reading your review and I have a question for you...as you could tell from reading my "review" we have never sailed without a balcony and I am going completely nuts over it :eek:. We are booked in the family Ocean view cabin 8200 and it overlooks the helipad. I noticed you guys did sail away from that location and was wondering how the view was from there, I can't find any pics showing the view from our booked cabin. Also, considering the ship, do you think we will REALLY miss our balcony? I keep telling myself there is so much more to see/do than on the Imagination we will be to busy to miss it. We only really use the balcony for morning coffee, watching the sunrise and sailing into/out of port. My kids will be 8, 4 and 4 (boys will be 3 weeks shy of 5) at time of sailing so hoping not to miss the balcony in the mornings, really love having my coffee their before waking the kids :confused:. Great review and your family is so CUUUTE

Helipad- The view was nice but it was VERY windy! Going around the corner & up the stairs to this area, are strong drafts that pushed me as an adult back. (Just something to consider, since you have smaller kids.) There were not too many people and everyone kind of just took turns in different areas.

Balcony, this is a HARD one. I would have booked one but my budget wouldn't allow it. (My son is growing rapidly and it is getting quite expensive just keeping him clothed & fed! He has grown 2 sizes since August, it is just crazy!!!) I thought that I would just grab a cup of coffee to enjoy on deck but it is NOT easy! They have "to go" coffee on deck 5 but I did not see any "to go" coffee cups in the Windjammer on deck 11, pool area same deck. Also, I never caught a sunrise. I might have, if it was just popping out on the balcony. I did try on Saturday morning. I had a wake up call, tossed on my swimsuit & cover up, washed my face, combed my hair, brushed my teeth. Went to the pool deck and (Dang it!!!) it was too cloudy. I made the best of it though and enjoyed an empty hot tub with my honey instead. Now, whew, having said all that...I still had an awesome trip! There is a TON to do and see. If you keep your OV, just know that it will be another NEW type of cruise. I hope this helps and have not made it harder.

Helipad- The view was nice but it was VERY windy! Going around the corner & up the stairs to this area, are strong drafts that pushed me as an adult back. (Just something to consider, since you have smaller kids.) There were not too many people and everyone kind of just took turns in different areas.

Balcony, this is a HARD one. I would have booked one but my budget wouldn't allow it. (My son is growing rapidly and it is getting quite expensive just keeping him clothed & fed! He has grown 2 sizes since August, it is just crazy!!!) I thought that I would just grab a cup of coffee to enjoy on deck but it is NOT easy! They have "to go" coffee on deck 5 but I did not see any "to go" coffee cups in the Windjammer on deck 11, pool area same deck. Also, I never caught a sunrise. I might have, if it was just popping out on the balcony. I did try on Saturday morning. I had a wake up call, tossed on my swimsuit & cover up, washed my face, combed my hair, brushed my teeth. Went to the pool deck and (Dang it!!!) it was too cloudy. I made the best of it though and enjoyed an empty hot tub with my honey instead. Now, whew, having said all that...I still had an awesome trip! There is a TON to do and see. If you keep your OV, just know that it will be another NEW type of cruise. I hope this helps and have not made it harder.

Thanks for the info..we always order coffee thru room service so I won't be looking for it to go so that should be OK..guess I'll just have to look through my window while drinking the AM joe. We will probably end up keeping our OV because we would either have to A) get a suite to get balcony room for all of us (kids are to young for their own room IMO) or B) change to the Allure/Oasis, lose my $100 OBC and pay like $5400 for the family balcony :eek:. If we are lucky we will get a price drop on the suites and will upgrade but not very likely because I just don't want to spend the $$$ for a suite.

• 2 weeks later...

Great review! I, too could have told that you were a teacher too. Me being one for 21 years. You just know. I teach K too. We do not have fall break here in MD so I either have to go in the summer or kiss my principal's booty to let me take off during the school year. I love her and she loves me so we are good to go there. BUT, I don't like to "push" it either. We are on FOTS next October for the HSR. I went to the Educator's Effectiveness Academy this summer and am doing tons of presenting to the staff because of it. (common core) But come October...worth it!

Fun review to read and a great looking family. I'm glad you had a wonderful time. Freedom is probably my favorite ship!

Thanks for taking the time to post it.

:confused::rolleyes::eek: What the heck are you doing reading my review get back to Jamacia, Jamacia, Jamacia Lady! :D So waffling between Freedom and Oasis, what are the differences?

Great review! I, too could have told that you were a teacher too. Me being one for 21 years. You just know. I teach K too. We do not have fall break here in MD so I either have to go in the summer or kiss my principal's booty to let me take off during the school year. I love her and she loves me so we are good to go there. BUT, I don't like to "push" it either. We are on FOTS next October for the HSR. I went to the Educator's Effectiveness Academy this summer and am doing tons of presenting to the staff because of it. (common core) But come October...worth it!

21 years? :rolleyes::eek: I'm having one of those years where THAT seems impossible! My class is precious but they are WEARING ME OUT!!!! :eek: What NO FALL break, seriously?! Hot yucky summer vs. cruising to the beautiful Caribbean, no contest! :D You will enjoy the ship. It is so luxurious!

:confused::rolleyes::eek: What the heck are you doing reading my review get back to Jamacia, Jamacia, Jamacia Lady! :D So waffling between Freedom and Oasis, what are the differences?

The size.

I like the Freedom class better. Don't get me wrong, the Oasis is blow your mind wonderful .....

I felt like, and I will address this in my review, that I was always trying to get to the Aqua theater for this show or to the promenade for this...

on the "normal" sized cruise ships, a lot of the stuff takes place on the pool deck or close to it. Getting places isn't such a journey. For instance, you want Johnny Rockets there it is, Belly Flop contest, there it is. Also, because of the Wonderful, wonderful shows, a lot more scheduling is,if not mandatory then recommended. This eliminates the flexibility that I normally experience. Also, because the Windjammer is awfully small, and you have a show at 8 you tend to eat in the dining room more. On top of this, even with anytime dining, it really helps to have a reservation, and on and on and on. I know it is all a choice and you certainly can have any kind of vacation you want but this was our experience.Lastly, I feel like when you are on that huge (and amazing) ship the energy is so spread out you lose something. I felt like it was like vacationing in a city. You were so far removed from the ocean. I absolutely realize that this is just my opinion and others completely disagree. That's why there is chocolate and vanilla.

JENNAT- Thanks for sharing! Those were all things that I had wondered about already. I think it helps to hear and expect some of it to plan mentally. Now... Heading back to read more of your review! :)

That's how we felt after the Allure - LOVED the ship, loved the neighborhoods but missed the ocean and the energy - immediately came home and booked FOS (we loved Liberty before).

One comment I made to DH on the Allure was "I should have made more of an effort to see the ocean" and he replied "you don't have to make the effort on other ships, you just feel the connection throughout" and that is something we are both looking forward to on the Freedom - the balance between being on a cool floating resort but also being in the middle of the ocean.

• 4 weeks later...
<a href=http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6213/6243578109_3ec272e3f8.jpg' alt='6243578109_3ec272e3f8.jpg'> 030 (2) by Brit38ky, on Flickr[/img]

Hee hee:p While taking this pic, I spotted a man walking in a speedo and a surf shirt. He had NO BUSINESS wearing either, Oh my!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Fun reading and you have a beautiful family!