How Do You Mark Your Luggage???

F22Smitty

I have a little box that, when it's turned on, screams "Hey can somebody let me out of here!!!!!"

It's very loud, I put it in my bag with fresh batteries, and just follow the sound the next morning.

I imagine this has freaked out a few baggage handlers along the way:eek:

We have luggage belt with our names on them!! Florescent green and black!! Shows up great!! Not too many people with our last name on the plane, boat, etc!!

I do like the NO its not your bag and the This is not your f***ing bag!! So much fun to be able to find our bags!!:D

Don't mean to be a downer here, but, after more than 30 years in the commercial aviation industry, my advice is to make sure any name/address info is NOT immediately available for everyone to see. It's too easy to take a quick cell phone pic of info which may be used by the "bad guys" to visit while you're gone. :o Silver

DDs have BRIGHT FLOURESCENT PINK luggage. That wasn't unusual enough for them. A friend painted pictures on the front and sides.

I find very ugly fabric on the clearace rack and tie that onto our luggage.

I Bought2 different kinds of fabric one multi color stripes and the other multi color polka dots. Cut a bunch of strips of each and then sewed one of each kind together. We were cruising with a group of 15 and I made them for everyone in our group. We tied them to the handles of our luggage and have never had a problem, that was 10 years ago.

We had to buy a couple new pieces of luggage and am wondering what is the best way to mark for easy identification and so others won't walk away with your luggage?

We have been pretty lucky so far (I probably just zapped myself) but I'm looking for something that you can spot easily and that tells other folks "THAT'S NOT MINE".

Last cruise out of FLL someone took my son's GF bag and left one that looked just like it. Thank god for cell phones and a cell # on the zone tag. These folks were 20 miles up I-95 on there way to North Florida. We called, they pulled over confirmed the mistake and returned to port for the swap.

We have used bright colored name tags, bright colored Tye-wraps, ribbons, and tape.

I was thinking of bright colored fabric spray paint. Any ideas? Thanks

I used fabric paint to turm mine into a plaid pattern. NOBODY can mistake my luggage and I can see it a mile away.

I sed masking tape and then painted it. It has been 3years and it has worn well with some scuffs, bt still easy to spot from any angle.

I have plain black luggage (that's the brand I like). I take acrylic craft-store paint, and paint giant lime-green polka dots and swirls all over the luggage. Really stands out, and nobody is getting these by mistake. I've done it on 4 pieces now (different sizes), and I have people come up to me all the time, and ask how I did it.

We use hot pink or orange duct tape, and write the same information that is on our cruise luggage tags. Not only do we not worry about losing the paper tags, we can also pick out our luggage from the embarkation area.

When flying, not many know what 6483S-Aft means :D. We will have to remove those this year and put our new cabin number on our bags.

We had to buy a couple new pieces of luggage and am wondering what is the best way to mark for easy identification and so others won't walk away with your luggage?

We have been pretty lucky so far (I probably just zapped myself) but I'm looking for something that you can spot easily and that tells other folks "THAT'S NOT MINE".

Last cruise out of FLL someone took my son's GF bag and left one that looked just like it. Thank god for cell phones and a cell # on the zone tag. These folks were 20 miles up I-95 on there way to North Florida. We called, they pulled over confirmed the mistake and returned to port for the swap.

We have used bright colored name tags, bright colored Tye-wraps, ribbons, and tape.

I was thinking of bright colored fabric spray paint. Any ideas? Thanks

I choose unusually "colored" luggage which greatly reduces the possibility of someone confusing it with their own. Currently I am using luggage with large black and white polka dots and on my last flight, a cabin attendant commented that my carry-on would be easy to spot.

Well no one would have missed ours last time. My suitcase is a pretty unique to begin with but the hubbies was his sea bag for the military. On the way to the port the closure broke on it so he used our dogs leash that was still in the car from dropping her off lol. This time we will use the same luggage...new sea bag...and I'm going to get some bright duct tape to mark it.

Everyone in our party has a bright green shower pouf attached to the handle. It does not flop over like a ribbon. We spot our luggage in a sea of bags with no problem.

While many other ideas are effective, they often help you find your bag when you are close by. These shower poufs stand out at a great distance.

Great thread.

Kathy

Don't mean to be a downer here, but, after more than 30 years in the commercial aviation industry, my advice is to make sure any name/address info is NOT immediately available for everyone to see. It's too easy to take a quick cell phone pic of info which may be used by the "bad guys" to visit while you're gone. :o Silver

I drive.

And leave my husband at home. :D

I "mark" mine by peeing on it. Does anyone else do that? I usually don't have any problems finding them. But you have to be quick before the porter takes them.:cool: Alright I'm just kidding. How about shoes at the urinal. That's probably off subject.

For some reason I just knew someone would say this and it had to be you.:D

Archived