first time on DCL Magic (west coast 7 day)

aidan

You can leave your child in the club, while you go ashore, keeping in my that the beepers they give you have very limited range, and do not work to far off the ship - thus you are unreachable

cool cruiser, thanks for the quick response! Is the oceaneer's club available for my 3.5 year old everday of the 7 day cruise?

i can't find a DCL phone number on the disney site? do you know of a customer number ( i made my res through earmouse. org agency).

thx-aidan

we didn't do any beach excursions through dcl, so i wouldn't know about that. when we went to cc, they had a barrel full of towels for you to pick up, right when you get off the ship. so maybe if it's a beach excursion, they might offer towels? you can always post the question on the disboards, and see what others have to say...

which excursions are you looking into? just curious...

sorry, couldn't really help! :)

execursions-- for cabo, it's the chileno bay snorkeling, mazatlan: sierra madre; peerto vallaarta, paradise beach adventure. i simply went by the description on the DCL site, no research beyond that!

Yes, they will give you towels for your excursion if it is water/beach related. They however did not give us them for our submarine excursion on St. Thomas when someone asked because as the CM said "if you need a towel in a submarine, you have bigger problems" :eek: :D

Given the poor water qualilty on planes, what's situation with cruises? Will the 5/28 DCL Magic carry its own water throughough the entire 7 days, or will it replenish in Mexican ports? Do you recommend drinking ship 'tap' water or do we simply 'buy' bottled water on board?

Also, somebody mentioned formal night on the curise - what / when is it?

RE: time zone changes - i can't say for sure, but i would assume DCL would keep the ship clocks set to the departure port throughout the entire voyage. Changing clocks back/ ahead while cruising would upset everybody's schedule! what do you think?

Given the poor water qualilty on planes, what's situation with cruises? Will the 5/28 DCL Magic carry its own water throughough the entire 7 days, or will it replenish in Mexican ports? Do you recommend drinking ship 'tap' water or do we simply 'buy' bottled water on board?

Also, somebody mentioned formal night on the curise - what / when is it?

RE: time zone changes - i can't say for sure, but i would assume DCL would keep the ship clocks set to the departure port throughout the entire voyage. Changing clocks back/ ahead while cruising would upset everybody's schedule! what do you think?

Disney has a reverse osmosis filtration system onboard that allows for clean, desalinated drinking water (and pool water as well). Ship water out of the tap is fine for drinking. They also offer bottled water for a fee.

Formal night will be on the 7 night cruises, but as far as California cruises, no one is certain what day it will be. There will also be semi-formal nights as well. These are nights that you are requested and expected to dress up in formal attire, such as suit and tie or even tuxedo (formal night) if you so desire.

For the Eastern cruises, I know that Disney has you set your clocks to the time zone you are in. So we moved the clocks ahead one hour when going to St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

Aidan,

Lots of parking adjacent to the dock. Very easy access, and easy in and out. It's been a year since last there, but I remember it being about $9.00 per day, or somehing like that. You can drop off right next to embarkation, then park in lot and walk back...5 minutes walk.

Stewart

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone suggest what time we arrive at the terminal on saturday, and how long before they deliver our luggage to our room? thanks-aidan

Aidan,

Lots of parking adjacent to the dock. Very easy access, and easy in and out. It's been a year since last there, but I remember it being about $9.00 per day, or somehing like that. You can drop off right next to embarkation, then park in lot and walk back...5 minutes walk.

Stewart

Can someone suggest what time we arrive at the terminal on saturday, and how long before they deliver our luggage to our room? thanks-aidan

spoke to dcl recently...she told me that the terminal will be open at 10:00 (or was it 10:30? forgot!), and you can start checking in at 11. as for luggage, last time we were on dcl, luggages started arriving around 1:30ish...not sure how it'd work out in san pedro...i guess you should pack a day bag, so you can carry that on board...i might just have our DSs wear their swimming trunks...so we can eat, and go swimming? just a thought! you know it will be hot!

hope this helps in your planning! :)

i tried accessing the DCL site today so i could check and see what i could pre-register for, but the site was very slow (last minute folks like me i guess!). The only things i could book were Palo dinner and registered my 3.5 yo for oceaneer club. i couldn't find the link to book palo brunch and tea (anybody have luck doing so?). Besides excursions and spa treament, is there anything other activities i should look into pre-registering before our 5/28 departure? Yup, i'm a first time DCL cruiser!

you should be able to do it all under the palo tab. just get your reservation up, and go to palo tab. once you're at the palo tab, you might have to check off the box on the top left corner, where it says something like: all meals, dinner, tea, brunch. maybe you were on the dinner box? and that's why you were only allowed to book for dinner? try the all meals box, or tea or brunch box. hope this helps!

or maybe it's all booked up? i don't know. i hope not!

maybe you can call dcl directly, and see what the problem is? their website is going a bit slow!

hope this all helps! and you know what, if you're not able to do online, you can always get to the ship & go do the "ressie mad rush". i know it's much better if you can do it all ahead of time!! good luck! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of parking adjacent to the dock. Very easy access, and easy in and out. It's been a year since last there, but I remember it being about $9.00 per day, or somehing like that.

Parking at the Port of Los Angeles is $11 per day, $77 for a seven-day cruise.

anybody know the situation with parking at San Pedro/ Long Beach harbor area?

The Disney Magic arrives at and departs from the Port of Los Angeles World Cruise Center in San Pedro. All Carnival Cruise Line ships (and some of the cruise lines owned by Carnival Corp.) arrive and depart from Long Beach.

Archived