Jr Suite question?

Kerrupt

The Mrs and I are cruising on the EOS Jan 16 2012. I currently have a balcony booked. I am contemplating upgrading to a Jr Suite. I am aware that we would double our C&A points with a Jr suite. Do you get access to the suite chairs at the pool deck or the suite seating in the theater and ice rink? I fully don't imagine you get access to the CL but what about these other moderate perks?

Just curious

The Mrs and I are cruising on the EOS Jan 16 2012. I currently have a balcony booked. I am contemplating upgrading to a Jr Suite. I am aware that we would double our C&A points with a Jr suite. Do you get access to the suite chairs at the pool deck or the suite seating in the theater and ice rink? I fully don't imagine you get access to the CL but what about these other moderate perks?

Just curious

I'd call the perks minor. Robes, coffee/tea machine in the room, bathroom amenities, priority check-in. Nice to have the bathtub also. If by EOS you mean Explorer, then the JS will also have a walk-in closet.

We sailed in a JS on the Allure in August and will have a JS in May on Navigator. You do get some of he room amenities, but that is where it ends. All the other perks begin with GS or higher. Someday we will upgrade to the GS, but as for now, we will enjoy the JS.

The JS is a nice-sized cabin; but not what I would consider a true suite at all. We've sailed in two JS cabins previously. Besides the extra room and full bathtub, the main perk for us now would be the double points.

Our budget isn't set up for the GS or higher, and for the past few years, we've managed to find attractive deals on Ds or Es. Considering that the JS perks are so limited, we haven't booked one recently.

Teddie

Just curious

No you won´t get access to any of the reserved seating. Those are for Gold SeaPass holders (GS and up) and the JS gets a Silver SeaPass card.

I'm just going to hop onboard this thread rather than start one about the coffee maker in the JS's

Do all ships have this perk now? What kind of coffee maker is it - debating bringing my own coffee rather having the lovely Seattle's Worst :( before breakfast on the balcony

I'd call the perks minor. Robes, coffee/tea machine in the room, bathroom amenities, priority check-in. Nice to have the bathtub also. If by EOS you mean Explorer, then the JS will also have a walk-in closet.

Wow, is this correct?? Do you get priority boarding with a Jr Suite? First RCI cruise in January. I was under the impression that Jr Suites don't get this. :rolleyes:

Can someone make my day and confirm this? :D

Beth - the coffeepot brews two cups of coffee at a time. You are provided these dreadful packets of coffee that make coffee strong enough to power the ship around the world. I brought one of the packets home, used one in my 12-cup pot and the coffee was still too strong and acrid for my taste.

I'm bringing Maxwell House Singles next time. I'll pop in one or two and brew coffee I can actually drink!!!!!!!!!

Do, though, bring some of the hot chocolate packets back to your cabin because you can add one to your coffee and have a decent cafe mocha...I add a couple creamers and a packet of sugar to mine...pretty darned good...and free!

Archived