just back from destiny

We booked a last minute on the Destiny, and got back on thursday after a lovely week. After reading so many comments that she was 'showing her age', we were pleasantly surprised as we thought overall she was very good. we have only been on the spirit and celebration, and we thought she compared well against those two, and in some instances was superior. One thing we do agree with is the comments about the lido cafe, which is definitely inferior, being open to the elements and a bit like a cattle market. we ate in the main restaurant every night which was very good. One other point and that is cost. Thomson quoted £544 but on going onto cruise deals .co.uk[which are owned by thomson] we got it for £529 deck 4/5 inside. We normally book well in advance for the free A/I and also we like to cruise and stay, but at £800 plus for the cruise, the last minute price more than makes up for the loss of A/I. They wanted 380 for the A/I which we declined and our bar bill came to just over £200, so that was a good decision. If i can help in any way just ask.

Just back from the Spirit. We were very pleasantly surprised by our bar bill, just over £230 for 2 of us and we had a bottle of wine each night, plus OH had quite a few lagers and I had a few hot chocolates, chocolate Baileys amd fruit juices, so definitely made the right decision about A.I. Glad you enjoyed your cruise, we loved ours too.

Our bill came to £150. That included £50 wine package. Never used the water that came with it. Cocktails very good value and look out for happy hours

Can you tell me about the wine package please? We've never come across it and wonder what the offer gives. I know this was on Destiny (managed by Louis Lines) so does anyone know if a similar deal is available on Dream/Celebration?

Can you tell me about the wine package please? We've never come across it and wonder what the offer gives. I know this was on Destiny (managed by Louis Lines) so does anyone know if a similar deal is available on Dream/Celebration?

Can't help you with the cost (I think there were different packages) or the Dream but they were available on the Celebration and the Spirit. Would think the Dream will also have the deals available.

Archived