Now matter which ship I'm on...

Izziebella

Interesting...the other ships we've been on the covered pool as been aft and it's super quiet and no children running around. Also being aft there is a great view of the wake being left behind by the ship. I'm interested to see, having the covered pool mid-ship what kind of crowd it will draw.

I've actually never seen a covered aft pool, but I've only been on Spirit class,

Fantasy class, and the Splendor, none of which have their aft pool covered. It depends on the time of year of course, but I think the pools are rarely covered on the west coast cruises, only once night did I see the Splendor pool covered for rain, never the Spirit or the Pride, and the Fantasy class doesn't have a covered pool. We sit at the aft pool on the Spirit class alot, under the Fantail bar cover, it's lots quieter than the other pools because of the kids.

I know that's right! I teach high school. Every day my students act up, I just close my eyes and say, "December 20th can't come fast enough." My students get a kick out of that, because they know I'm cruising, but they also know to get back on task and behave. They're good kids; they just try my nerves sometimes. :D

I don't know how you teach middle school. That age group makes me want to open my wrists! :eek:

Some days are better than others...like when I show a video all period!:D. Cruise lines should give teacher discounts!

We just returned from the 9 day cruise on the Spirit this morning. Our itinerary changed a couple of times due to the hurricane off the coast of Mexico. We ended up going to Ensenada, Cabo, La Paz, Cabo and Puerto Vallarta. The Spirit is a beautiful ship and we enjoyed the cruise very much. We had no problems with embarkation and we are not VIP. Arrived around 2 and were on the ship and able to go to our cabins before 3pm. They have the new menus and they were not repeated during the cruise. We were most impressed with the dining room staff in the anytime dining room. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. We felt the entertainment was lacking some compared to our previous cruises on Princess. Not much going on to choose from and the comedians only were there on sea days not port days. There was a nice adult pool and the aft of the ship called the Fan tail. The buffet area is on deck nine and had a deli, buffet, pizza, hamburgers, asian buffet and dessert area. Ice cream is always available but they had real ice cream with toppings on sea days between 3-4:30 pm on the Fantail area. The CD is Lesley Sparkles and her voice began to drive us crazy with all of the announcements. Great room, great food and great time. :)

Archived