Port Canaveral / MCO car rental ordeal - Advice needed

Funcouple

I need to get from MCO to Port Canaveral Hotel 2 night pre-cruise. I plan on driving to PC hotel Sat night, visiting KSC during the Saturday and then hanging out during the early evening along the inlet having dinner at Grills Seafood and Tiki bar watching the ships leaving port. And then return to the hotel Saturday night.

Here's the problem: Cruise leaves Monday. Arriving at MCO on Saturday night. One way car rental to drop at PC would be approx $100 for 24 hours. Problem is Car Rental drop locations in PC close at 4PM on weekends. If I keep the car until Monday morning (cruise day) and drop in the AM the cost for the rental jumps to $200.

Are there any work-arounds to the rental car cost?

Thanks.

call and ask them.....you might have to try and track down the individual phone numbers for the various locations...

or drop it off by closing sunday and then take a cab or walk to dinner?? just a thought..

also if you google rental car discount codes you'll come up with a ton of options...time consuming to plug them all in...BUT you may save..

not sure if you can do one way rentals on PL or HW but that might be an option...though for some reason i am not sure if that can be done

I need to get from MCO to Port Canaveral Hotel 2 night pre-cruise. I plan on driving to PC hotel Sat night, visiting KSC during the Saturday and then hanging out during the early evening along the inlet having dinner at Grills Seafood and Tiki bar watching the ships leaving port. And then return to the hotel Saturday night.

Here's the problem: Cruise leaves Monday. Arriving at MCO on Saturday night. One way car rental to drop at PC would be approx $100 for 24 hours. Problem is Car Rental drop locations in PC close at 4PM on weekends. If I keep the car until Monday morning (cruise day) and drop in the AM the cost for the rental jumps to $200.

Are there any work-arounds to the rental car cost?

Thanks.

Not sre what car rental company you are using...but if you try Budget, I just priced a full size car, from Sat to Mon for Nov 5 to 7th and it was about $70 plus tax. You might even get it cheaper than that, depending on your dates and if you have any coupons or promo offers. I used my Costco membership, to get the best price. You can also get similiar pricing with BJ's club, or entertainment book. or even a search on the internet. I also saw a commercial tonight for budger, with a weekend day rae of $17 for a small suv....you might want to try budget if you haven't yet. They don't charge a drop off fee and offer free shuttle to port. I have used them at least 4 times and have found them to be the best deal in port canaveral. Good luck.

Barb

Archived