Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

Just sent you pix of Star E222 and Crown E227....

Awesome site - maybe you can contact the site administrators and have it put on a 'sticky' at the top of the page so it doesn't get lost.....GREAT info.

Thank you VERY much....

Pictures received, thank you. We are on board the Sapphire right now, I'll post the pictures on my website when we are back next week.

Theo

Who would be the best person to contact on board the Sapphire if I want to take pictures of the cabins with obstructed views. We are on the Sapphire this Saturday, Dec. 10.

Theo

Theo

While on the Emerald last week I spoke to our cabin steward and the steward in the next section and they could not allow any access to someone else's occupied cabin so you will need to speak to the occupants of the cabin during the cruise to get access to it for pictures.

We had a late disembarkation time so on the last morning, so after 8 AM when most cabins were vacated, all the cabin stewards I spoke to on the Emerald deck and the stewards for the rear section of port side Rivera (for cabin R746) and starboard Aloha decks (for A747) allowed me access to empty cabins to take pictures. I set my point and shoot camera on VGA (low resolution) mode and went along taking pictures of first the cabin sign for identification and then the cabin view and some interior shots. There were only a few cabins with closed doors which were probably back to back passenger cabins that were still occupied. I also had a list of the cabins I wanted shots of.

I will be emailing you the most of the cabin pictures you still need for this class of ship. I forgot about the Lido deck forward view cabins but you already have one of these and all have a similar view of the railing which is above the bridge. I also didn't take any shots of the rear Emerald deck balcony cabins since they are just normal non obstructed balconies.

Welcome back "Robtulipe"

I have permission to take as many pictures as I want but under the same conditions as you, on disembark day.

Can you wait with sending the pictures until next week otherwise I spending all my internet time on downloading pictures.

Thanks,

Theo

Welcome back "Robtulipe"

I have permission to take as many pictures as I want but under the same conditions as you, on disembark day.

Can you wait with sending the pictures until next week otherwise I spending all my internet time on downloading pictures.

Thanks,

Theo

Have a great cruise. Can you take another picture of E405.

Thanks!

Welcome back "Robtulipe"

Thanks,

Theo

I was planning on waiting until next week to send these so look for them then.

Here is a shot of Sapphire port side cabin E404 which I flipped horizontally so it apears to have the view of E405 which is in the same location on the starboard side. The view to the right or astern will be blocked by the shed just aft of this cabin.

attachment.php?attachmentid=215284&d=1323878250

Edited by robtulipe

Here is a shot of Sapphire port side cabin E404 which I flipped horizontally so it apears to have the view of E405 which is in the same location on the starboard side. The view to the right or astern will be blocked by the shed just aft of this cabin.

attachment.php?attachmentid=215284&d=1323878250

I just wanted to see one of 405 so I could see the angle from the door. I saw that one of 404 already.

I just wanted to see one of 405 so I could see the angle from the door. I saw that one of 404 already.

I think I have only time to do one side of the ship and that will be all the cabins on the port side (even numbers).

As robtulipe said, port side is a mirror image of the starboard side.

Theo

Princess is very accommodating. They changed our disembarkation time until the last transfer to the airport leaves the cruise terminal so I have extra time to take the pictures.

Lucky enough our flight does not depart until later in the afternoon.

As soon as we’re home I have my work cut out for me posting all the pictures.

Theo

Weekends take a quicker pop. Would like more Diamond E416 pictures and I promise to take as many on Star Princess next month as I can.

Just got off the Sapphire (Diamond's sister) and added a lot of new pictures to my website including E416.

Theo

I'm getting close to having all the pictures for the Sapphire (and Diamond) showing the obstructed views. The only ones missing are E624 and E627.

If you going to be in either one of those please take a picture and send it to me or post it here. Thanks,

Theo

e-mail; theog99@telus.net

Edited by Renmar

Thanks again for all of your hard work on this site, speaking for DH and myself, it was a very thoughtful "gift" and definitely a keeper.

Happy holiday to you!

It is not so much "hard" work as it is tedious work but I love doing it.

I was actualy hoping that by now the moderator would make it a "sticky" after about 12000 views so people don't have to search for it. Oh well, we'll wait and see.

Also I'm hoping that more cruisers will send me some more pictures especially from Grand/Golden & Star. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Merry X-mas to all.

Theo

I was actualy hoping that by now the moderator would make it a "sticky" after about 12000 views so people don't have to search for it. Oh well, we'll wait and see.

Also I'm hoping that more cruisers will send me some more pictures especially from Grand/Golden & Star. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Merry X-mas to all.

Theo

I sent an e-mail to the moderators but did not get an answer. I guess I am too small a fish in a big pond to rate! Lets hope that someone can get their attention!:D

I sent an e-mail to the moderators but did not get an answer. I guess I am too small a fish in a big pond to rate! Lets hope that someone can get their attention!:D

I did the same with the same result. That's why I said I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Theo

Merry X-mas to all.

Theo

Hi Theo,

This is Jeanie and George. We met you and your wife Anke in Skywalkers on one of the last nights of the December 10th Sapphire cruise. It was fun talking to you both and hearing about your cruises. We were all eating sushi that night.

Thank you for the great pictures of the obstructed view cabins. The picture that you took of our next cabin on the Sapphire looks great.

Have a Happy New Year! Maybe we will see you on another Princess cruise.

Jeanie & George

Hi Theo,

This is Jeanie and George. We met you and your wife Anke in Skywalkers on one of the last nights of the December 10th Sapphire cruise. It was fun talking to you both and hearing about your cruises. We were all eating sushi that night.

Thank you for the great pictures of the obstructed view cabins. The picture that you took of our next cabin on the Sapphire looks great.

Have a Happy New Year! Maybe we will see you on another Princess cruise.

Jeanie & George

Hi Guys, we remember you well. We are meeting the other couple that were sitting with us that night tomorrow for lunch.

Glad you are happy with your cabin on your next cruise on the Sapphire.

When are you going?

Happy New Year to you too and I hope we meet again.

Theo