The Star sitting in the Port of Tampa. (webcam)

rajones007

http://cam01.hillsboroughcounty.org/user/JViewer.html

You can control this webcam and if you're patient you can see the Star sitting there in all her glory.

At first I was frustrated as all hell. By the time I got control and moved it back towards the pier, my time would expire and the next person would spend the next 2 minutes looking into hotel windows (seriously!) or zoom in on the oil storage tanks across the channel (boring!).

But I discovered the preset positions (duh! I'm no too swift on a Sunday morning), move to the Florida Aquarium, swing it a little to the left...and there she is!

It looks dark and dreary in Tampa right now (9.30am EDT) but there's the Star in Tampa for the very first time.

Another thanks from me! I'll be boarding two weeks from today and I'm getting psyched. I'm watching the webcam right now! I have family in Tampa and they're going down to Channelside today to take a look and send me some pictures.

Just watched the sailaway as the Star heads out to the Western Caribbean on her first voyage from Tampa.

So she was an hour and half late then. I was watching at 4pm, but she wasn't moving. It seemed like there must have others wanting to see it as well because it was pointed at the Star quite often. So it was all good. (Except for the camera always wanting to go back to that intersection every 2 or 3 minutes.)

Some Carnival people must have been watching too, because it would periodically go back to the aft-end of the Legend as she was cruising down the channel.

I'm not surprised the Star left a little late. According to the roll call, there was a noro problem on the PC cruise right before this sailing, so they've been operating in code red for a few days. Boarding was supposed to be delayed to allow for a deep clean.

I'm not surprised the Star left a little late. According to the roll call, there was a noro problem on the PC cruise right before this sailing, so they've been operating in code red for a few days. Boarding was supposed to be delayed to allow for a deep clean.

Exactly so!

Yes will confirm as well that it left late because of noro. I also heard that most of the NCL brass including the big boy the CEO himself are on board for this cruise in recognition that it is the first time that NCL has homeported Tampa - the ship was noro free to at least Puerto Quetzal according to someone on board who talked to the Captain so it probably came ashore either there or Puntarenas.

While the cruise was great, the ports were great and you people on cruise critic were great I didn't think much of the cruise consultant who's other job is a flight attendant for an airline - when he gave me my tender tickets the attached note said they were good for two days - the original leaflet for Key West excursions had us leaving Key West at 5:30PM - they finally changed it several days later and then when I got my VIP disembarkation tickets the note suggested I leave my luggage out Friday night before goping to bed - when I mentioned that to him he remarked as he looked at his computer - oh this is the Panama Canal cruise - he was getting off in Tampa for a five week break - I think that he was more interested in getting off than ensuring that he checked his templates for changes etc.

Then there was the immigration check at Key west - while the US citizens were getting regular updates the CD stopped with us foreigners after the 2nd group - she never did announce anything after that - I just happened to walk over to the area and was told anyone could get in line and that is what I did.

I have more but will post them on another thread as this one is suppose to be about the ship in port today.

Cheers

Dennis

Archived