Too many ships in port!!

EithneMay

We will be in St. Maarten in February, and the estimated port load is over 16,000 people! YIKES! The following ships are in port that day: Norwegian Dawn, Carnival Miracle, Summit, Westerdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Allure Of The Seas

So, we are thinking of just getting off, grabbing our favorite bottles of GuavaBerry rum, then staying on the ship for the rest of the day. Unless someone can give us any suggestions, we feel stuck. I HATE it when they schedule so many ships in port.

We will be in St. Maarten in February, and the estimated port load is over 16,000 people! YIKES! The following ships are in port that day: Norwegian Dawn, Carnival Miracle, Summit, Westerdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Allure Of The Seas

So, we are thinking of just getting off, grabbing our favorite bottles of GuavaBerry rum, then staying on the ship for the rest of the day. Unless someone can give us any suggestions, we feel stuck. I HATE it when they schedule so many ships in port.

I would either book an excursion on the water leaving from Great Bay Marina or Bobby's Marina or just rent a car or in your case hire a taxi if you would prefer and head toward either Petite Plage in Grand Case or Anse Marcel. This number of passengers seems to be the norm now on the island in winter so the taxis should be out in full force. I love the island so I would not even consider spending my day on the ship in St. Maarten. How do you prepare your drinks with Guavaberry Rum? I have only had samples straight out of the bottle and it tasted like cough syrup to me.

I would either book an excursion on the water leaving from Great Bay Marina or Bobby's Marina or just rent a car or in your case hire a taxi if you would prefer and head toward either Petite Plage in Grand Case or Anse Marcel. This number of passengers seems to be the norm now on the island in winter so the taxis should be out in full force. I love the island so I would not even consider spending my day on the ship in St. Maarten. How do you prepare your drinks with Guavaberry Rum? I have only had samples straight out of the bottle and it tasted like cough syrup to me.

We have been to St. Maarten about 6 times, so we have pretty much done everything you can do with the time in port. We have one cruise ship excursion we are contemplating (the sailing cup regatta), but not sure yet.

I buy the GuavaBerry brand, but prefer the Vanilla flavored or the Mash-Up. I don't like the straight GuavaBerry liquor either!

We have been to St. Maarten about 6 times, so we have pretty much done everything you can do with the time in port. We have one cruise ship excursion we are contemplating (the sailing cup regatta), but not sure yet.

I buy the GuavaBerry brand, but prefer the Vanilla flavored or the Mash-Up. I don't like the straight GuavaBerry liquor either!

I think that you are underestimating all the ways you can enjoy a day in St. Maarten.:)

America's Cup Yacht Race .... highly recommend it.

Best excursion I have ever done, had a blast.

Thanks for the recommendation, we will see how busy it is that day, and if we can get on that tour we may try. Otherwise, I am seeing a spa day!

I wonder if there is some other website b/c our ship Carnival Dream is in St Martin on Feb 29, 2012 and that date is not even on the list.

Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot?

The port of St. Maarten schedule has the following ships due in port on February 29/12

Oasis, Mein Shiff(2), Carnival Dream, Thomson Dream, Ruby Princess and the HAL Westerdam

Hi

Thank you for the link

i am thinking of going on The Thomson Dream next April and had a look at all the ports it is suppose to visit and The Dream isn't on any of them , is it because it's to early to be looking - other ships are on

Archived