Queen Victoria question

ombrelle

On some formal nights, certain boxes are rented with a champagne service. If you wish to reserve those, contact the Pursers office as soon as you board, as these book up quickly. On non special nights, the boxes are available first come first served as you arrive in the theatre.

Cheers Mike

On some formal nights, certain boxes are rented with a champagne service. If you wish to reserve those, contact the Pursers office as soon as you board, as these book up quickly. On non special nights, the boxes are available first come first served as you arrive in the theatre.

Cheers Mike

Thank you,Bigmike911.:)

Cheers to you too!:)

Hi,

We used the private boxes almost every night. We booked one with all the "trimmings" for $57.00 on the Victoriana show night. After that, if they weren't booked we just sat in one. My advice would be to go and have a look at the location before you pay, as some of the views are slightly obstructed by the lighting rig etc. I think the box we paid for was number 11.

Have a great time x

Hi,

We used the private boxes almost every night. We booked one with all the "trimmings" for $57.00 on the Victoriana show night. After that, if they weren't booked we just sat in one. My advice would be to go and have a look at the location before you pay, as some of the views are slightly obstructed by the lighting rig etc. I think the box we paid for was number 11.

Have a great time x

Thank you so much! Was box number 11 O.K.?:)

On some cruises they seem to book up early whereas on other they seem barely used.

On most nights you just go in sit in them on a first come, first served basis but having done it once most people realise that the views are not as good as the main seating due to the reflections off the glass at the front.

On some cruises they seem to book up early whereas on other they seem barely used.

On most nights you just go in sit in them on a first come, first served basis but having done it once most people realise that the views are not as good as the main seating due to the reflections off the glass at the front.

Thank you, we wanted to have the experience to try a theatre box at sea. We like to try new things at least once.:cool: It seems:) not everybody liked the experience.

I certainly recommend you give the boxes a try and some really do relish the Champagne experience and the whole environment of having a box. The issue is that because on the ship everything is 'scaled down' a little bit, in order to make the boxes look right the front barrier is rather low. This means that in order to make them safe they have had to put glass in the front and the lighting sometimes reflects off this glass which some find affects their enjoyment.

It is not a massive thing though and you may not even notice.

Enjoy!

Box 11 was a good one! If you sit to close to the stage the view is poor and if you sit to high you have obstructions to look through. Some boxes accomodate 4 people and some only 2. I would go check them out before you book. If you intend to go to any port presentations in the theatre you could try sitting in a box for that. ( that's what we did).

Have a great time x

HI Roborab - what are the "trimmings" - whole or half champagne? Nibbles?

Is it $57 per box or per person

J

Hi,

Have a great time x

Hi ya,

Its $57.00 per box.

You get taken to a private lounge area half an hour before the show starts and given a Kir Royal and a cake stand with all sorts of chocolates filled with ice cream, brandy snaps etc. A photo of the cast of the show. Once in your box a waiter will serve your half bottle of champagne, we also had a small box of truffles (6), which we bought back to the UK with us as we were so full from the evening meal. ( We ate those at the weekend!)

You just book at the desk on deck 1 and you get an invite sent to your stateroom. I booked with a chap called Lionel and he totally messed the booking up, so make sure you check the details once your invite arrives!

Take Care x

Thanks Roborab - I'll book next trip

J

Hi ya,

Its $57.00 per box.

You get taken to a private lounge area half an hour before the show starts and given a Kir Royal and a cake stand with all sorts of chocolates filled with ice cream, brandy snaps etc. A photo of the cast of the show. Once in your box a waiter will serve your half bottle of champagne, we also had a small box of truffles (6), which we bought back to the UK with us as we were so full from the evening meal. ( We ate those at the weekend!)

You just book at the desk on deck 1 and you get an invite sent to your stateroom. I booked with a chap called Lionel and he totally messed the booking up, so make sure you check the details once your invite arrives!

Take Care x

Hi ya,

Its $57.00 per box.

Take Care x

Sounds yummy! Will give it a try.:) Thank you everybody!:)

Archived