Restaurants Isla Verde

cruising oceangal

I would highly recommend Metropol which is about 1 mile away. This is a place where the locals eat. Very reasonable and authentic food/drinks. Staff was very friendly. It is across from the InterContinental and Ritz. I stayed at the Caribe Hilton and took the bus to get there (45 min). As a single woman, early on Sat evening, I felt safe and it gave me a chance to see the area. It was inexpensive although the buses run about every 20 min. It may be a short taxi for you if you don't have a car. http://www.metropolpr.com/

I would highly recommend Metropol which is about 1 mile away. This is a place where the locals eat. Very reasonable and authentic food/drinks. Staff was very friendly. It is across from the InterContinental and Ritz. I stayed at the Caribe Hilton and took the bus to get there (45 min). As a single woman, early on Sat evening, I felt safe and it gave me a chance to see the area. It was inexpensive although the buses run about every 20 min. It may be a short taxi for you if you don't have a car. http://www.metropolpr.com/

I second this recommendation, a very good restaurant. There's also Lupis (cheap mexican food and sport bar), and I the The Palm restaurant for steaks. Enjoy your stay.

Your welcome! You can always take a quick cab ride to the Condado area, (Ashford Avenue) and there you are going to find more restaurants (great too) than in the Isla Verde avenue. I'm more familiarized with the Condado area since I lived close to this area for a lot of years. Feel free to ask me any questions about this area as well.

Your welcome! You can always take a quick cab ride to the Condado area, (Ashford Avenue) and there you are going to find more restaurants (great too) than in the Isla Verde avenue. I'm more familiarized with the Condado area since I lived close to this area for a lot of years. Feel free to ask me any questions about this area as well.

I was doing some checking and found 101Sports Bar not too far from us. It looks like it is across the street from Metropol and it got good reviews from Trip Advisor. Have you ever been there?

We were going to stay in the Condado area but got a really good price with Embassy Suites. We've always stayed at the Sheraton in SJ but wanted to expand our horizons, lol! What would you suggest for the Condado area? I really appreciate your help!

I was doing some checking and found 101Sports Bar not too far from us. It looks like it is across the street from Metropol and it got good reviews from Trip Advisor. Have you ever been there?

We were going to stay in the Condado area but got a really good price with Embassy Suites. We've always stayed at the Sheraton in SJ but wanted to expand our horizons, lol! What would you suggest for the Condado area? I really appreciate your help!

I lived in PR for 32 years so I know the area very well :-) and Im glad that I can help people deciding on where to eat :-)

In the Condado area, specially in the Ashford Ave., I recommend you to eat at Budatai for sushi with a Caribbean twist (if you like sushi you are going to love this rest), Varita for food cook in a wood oven, for pizza Via Appia or Danny's, and there's a small cafe close to Walgreens (can't remember the name) where they cook very good puertorrican food. For expensive fine dining there's Pikayo which is located at the Conrad hotel. I have been in each one of these restaurants and they are very good.

I lived in PR for 32 years so I know the area very well :-) and Im glad that I can help people deciding on where to eat :-)

In the Condado area, specially in the Ashford Ave., I recommend you to eat at Budatai for sushi with a Caribbean twist (if you like sushi you are going to love this rest), Varita for food cook in a wood oven, for pizza Via Appia or Danny's, and there's a small cafe close to Walgreens (can't remember the name) where they cook very good puertorrican food. For expensive fine dining there's Pikayo which is located at the Conrad hotel. I have been in each one of these restaurants and they are very good.

Thanks Mariela, I'm making a list of places to eat! We are traveling with another couple and we all love sushi!

Budatai rocks! Owned by a Iron Chef runner up. He also has a Tapas Restaurant, equally good in Condado.

OMG I totally forgot that chef Treviño(Budatai)was at the Iron Chef show. Not trying to promote his restaurant here; it's really good!

• 2 months later...

Just checking to see if there are any Isla Verde updates. We are going soon (staying at El SJ) and are tentatively planning on Metropol, maybe Platos or Soleil Beach Club for nearby stuff.....then probably Barrachina and La Fonda El Jibacito for while in OSJ area....not looking for fancy, just good food. thanks!

Archived