Smooth sailing on the Eastern Med?

Cardinal22

We did a Med cruise in July 2003 on the Golden Princess and has smooth sailing the whole cruise. The Med is much less prone to rough seas than the Atlantic although they can have storms they seem to occur less frequently and will less strength.

Have a great next cruise.

Hi, Cardinal22. Can we go with you? Pulled at my heart strings with that one! What ship are you sailing? We did the WHOLE Med in June 2001. Turkey (2 ports), Cyprus, Egypt, Greece, Italy, France & Monaco and Spain. You'l be OK. The Med is not susceptible to the hurricanes that North America has. You may have a windy day or two, but nothing to worry about as for "heavy seas". Depending on the ship, you probably will not even feel any motion.

We'll be sailing on The Brilliance of the Seas. First cruise and am nervous about motion sickness so I'm glad to hear that rough seas shouldn't be a problem. My daughter and I are going with about 30 family members. We're really excited!

Cardinal22... Sounds like a great trip. We were on Celebrity's Millenneum,which is comparable in size to the Brilliance of the Seas. We did have some good size waves on the run from Egypt to Greece, but never felt any motion. One reason are the stabilizers. I have video in these seas with the spray being thrown out from the bow of the ship and all, with the horizon absolutely stationary. You'll be fine... the biggest thing to worry about will be what to select from the menu. ENJOY!

Archived