Leave car at San Pedro pier or hotel near by. HELP please.

blueladybug

Need some help. We are traveling by car from Nothern California next month. Should we leave our car at the San Pedro pier or book at hotel nearby the night before and leave it at the hotel. Is the San Pedro pier safe to leave your car for a week? Anyone know the price difference. All suggestions welcomed. Thanks so much in advance!!

Hello!

When we cruise, I book hotel stays the night before that will let us leave our car. Since I would never plan to fly or drive on the actual cruise day, this works out good for us. For San Diego it was awesome. We have a package reserved at the Sheraton in San Pedro for $149 which includes parking. Since our cruise is 15 nights, this is a bargain compared to what we would pay for hotel & parking seperately. You can do a search for San Pedro on the Hotels Pre & Post Cruise boards and you will find tons of information.

We are staying the night before at the Holiday Inn San Pedro - $149.00 for the park & cruise pkg, and their parking lot is monitored via video cameras. This is a bargain for a hotel in the area, as parking at the dock is $10.00 or $11.00 per day. Dock parking is very secure tho, we have done it many times. They lock your car inside a chain-link fence for the length of the cruise (with others who are taking the same cruise). BTW, blueladybug, we are taking the May 8 Mexican Riviera Cruise aboard the Vision - are you? If so, hope to see you there!

laurie

Laurie, we will be on the vision on the 8th too!! There will be 9 of us. My family of 4 (kids ages almost 4 and 7), my sister and family (nephew age 3) and my parents. How many of you are going? Our first time on the Vision and cruising with our kids.

Pam

Since we live in the area, we always park at the pier. We have done this 8 times so far and have never had a problem. Cost is now $11.00 per day or $77.00 for a 7 day cruise. You can pay by cash or Credit card, no checks! They have a shuttle that goes between the parking lot and the pier.

Mike

Sorry it took so long to reply, our family of four is going on this cruise, myself, DH, DD's ages 15 and 11 (who will turn 12 aboard ship). We all can't wait! Did the docu-dance yesterday (cruise documents were on the porch when I got home) - DH and I made the girls dance with their boarding documents in hand, otherwise you can't go onboard (well, you can, but mom and dad would make them dance when we go onboard the ship!!! Our teen would have been SO embarrassed!!!). We will sign up for the meet & greet, and see you there!

Laurie

Archived