Pre-boarding luggage

milestones

We're booked on the Singapore to Sydney leg of P&O Arcadia's 2012 Grand Odyssey and are thinking about pre-boarding some luggage at Southampton.

No problem with that it seems for the fee of £35.

Where it seems to get difficult is at the end of the leg in Sydney, as it seems there is no guarantee that luggage will be allowed to stay on the ship for later collection at Southampton!

Apparently you will be informed when you first board your luggage, although it would seem to be a bit late then!

There appear to be various reasons for this, possible shortage of storeage space being one of them.

Does anyone have previous experience of attempting to pre-board luggage at both ends of a trip and was it successfully resolved?

I think its all down to space available... seems these days they wont commit to saying yes .. before you board. You have to ask on board if there is room. Mind you can a large ship really be short of space. BUT I have seen people buy carpet and large wooden ornaments on the world cruise and expect P&O to store them so you never know:confused:

I hope someone can answer this. We want to put some luggage on at Southampton as well. We are doing the Dubai to Hong Kong Leg of the Cruise.

We have done this you have to pre arrange it and you are given a date to drop off the luggage. You can do it in person and I have seen companies that will do it for you. WHen you board your luggage is waiting for you.. but its kept in the hold and is very COLD when you unpack it. Dont put any liquids in it or if you do wrap WELL as the bags are squashed in tight!!

My first post :)

I was hoping to pre-load some luggage next time we are on a part world voyage.

We are on the Singapore to Dubai leg of Aurora's voyage in March 12. Although I don't live very close to Southampton so it would be hard work so if it's not that straightforward I might not bother (the weight restrictions on the flights are just a bit of a pain especially when packing lots of lovely formal clothes:))

Archived