Ben and Jerry's "Sweet"

SpeedGeek

For a four day cruise there's not much to lose. We stayed in this cabin and found it pretty much the same as any other cabin, just with more of a novelty twist.

We heard more noise from the adjoining next door cabin than we did from the service door over an 11 night sailing.

The CL lounge perk wasn't really for us and we only used this one or twice, as we felt a little intimidated by it.

By far the biggest perk for us was the free ice cream; and the photos in a unique "sweet" :D

Sorry to read that you felt intimidated by the CL. I guess you're right that we don't have much to lose on a 4 day cruise... Well, other than sleep. Ha

I’m glad your experience was opposite ours. We had the “sweet” on Indy and it was a terrible experience. You can find my review in the review section. About the only positives from this cruise were the free ice cream treats (we could pick whatever we wanted) and the knowledge to never book that cabin or one near a service area again.

I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience. We had this room on the Independence and LOVED it. Never heard noise from any service area. Since it is a connecting cabin, we could hear the couple next to us; they were pretty funny. We could hear EVERYTHING they said. Not sure if they realized since we decided to whisper so that we weren't reciprocating.

The only other noise (besides muffled parades) was on the first day when it seemed like every single person walked by and wondered out loud what the "Sweet" was.

Our B&J servers told us we could order whatever we wanted. In fact, if we asked for a small they would just stand there looking at us until we changed it to a large:D

We loved having access to the concierge lounge for a pre-dinner drink. I would totally book this cabin again!

Sorry to read that you felt intimidated by the CL. I guess you're right that we don't have much to lose on a 4 day cruise... Well, other than sleep. Ha

Sleep on a cruise??!! :p

We'd recommend it as a "must do once" type cabin. Being inside rather than having a balcony did makes us feel like we were missing out a little but where else are you going to find a Ben & Jerry's themed cabin on the seas?

• 1 year later...