Splendor Review - Long review with some photos

jbobst

Thanks for all the nice comments!

We really did have a great time, and I shouldn't be so harsh with Carnival in some of those areas. They do provide such a great price compared to the other lines, and there are a lot of things they do really well!

I believe there is no such thing as a bad cruise but I have had a couple:

Splendour of the Seas: 10days 1st Suite Under the ping pong table - bad weather, couldnt get into ports making the ping pong table an attraction...almost got divorced by day 5...lol I still get shivers when I hear a "ping" lol

Destiny 2011: I love this ship because I sailed her for New Years 1999 The Millennium Cruise- AWESOME EXPERIENCE! Carnival pulled out all the stops and made this cruise almost impossible to top. This year was Spring Break and I took the cruise for R & R....the word "LOUD" was redefined. Still a great cruise but not what I was after

That being said I took another cruise in October (my birthday)and went with the Celebrity Millennium. Totally different experience. Refined - Elegant Experience. I actually said to my tablemates that I may have reached the age that I have outgrown Carnival.

NOt so fast...I am currently looking to book the Carnival Liberty in 2012 to see how the 2.0 changes came out.

So it depends on what your cruise experience wants are....

Fun & Nightlife - Carnival no doubt

But if you want to relax and Chill out, give Celebrity a try or maybe Princess. Carnival should let our Loyalty points intertwine...wish

There is a cruise for whatever your mood....just do your homework and match them up!! ;)

This review, like several I have read in the Cruise Reviews section, make me concerned about booking Splendor for our summer cruise. We really want to head back to the Mexican Riviera, having gone twice before on RCI and Princess, but I am concerned about the ship and passengers. We have sailed Carnival 4 times before and have enjoyed many things about them, but this cruise isn't inexpensive, as the OP's.

Thoughts?

We just got off the Disney Wonder to the MR and it was fabulous, but so pricy!!! We are now looking at the Splendor vs the Spirit for SPring Break 2012. Any suggestions on how to chose between the two? We live in SD so Spirit would be easier but it's only 5d instead of 7.

THanks! Katherine

We actually have not sailed on either yet. I have read good reviews on both. We opted for the 7 day Splendor.

We just got off the Disney Wonder to the MR and it was fabulous, but so pricy!!! We are now looking at the Splendor vs the Spirit for SPring Break 2012. Any suggestions on how to chose between the two? We live in SD so Spirit would be easier but it's only 5d instead of 7.

THanks! Katherine

Hi there.. we cruised on the Spirit January 2011 and will be on the Splendor in 9 days.... I posted a review of the Spirit and will post a review of the Splendor when we get back. I do agree with AzGirl..... I loved the layout of the Spirit and really like the Port of San Diego.....:)

If anyone is on the Splendor in the near future. Would you please ask "Summer Breeze" to come to the Freedom for the 1st couple of weeks of September next year. The were on the Glory a couple of years ago and they were a real highlight. We, and many others, went dancing every night.

If anyone is on the Splendor in the near future. Would you please ask "Summer Breeze" to come to the Freedom for the 1st couple of weeks of September next year. The were on the Glory a couple of years ago and they were a real highlight. We, and many others, went dancing every night.

Summer Breeze is off the Splendor and they went home for a couple of months and they said that Carnival will tell them where to go when they finish there vacation. We agree they are fabulous !!!!!!

Archived