Sailing out of Galviston in Jan. Treemont Hotel anyone?

lampskies

We are sailing out of Galveston for the first time in January and due to Chicago weather we are flying in the day before....the Treemont hotel is what we have been looking into....anyone stay there? Any other ideas?

Tremont House is a great hotel...good ambiance and close to the port. One of my favs.

• 3 weeks later...

Tremont is a great hotel right where the action is. The hotel is beautiful and old fashion. They also take you to the ship with their van in the morning.

We had them take us to the pier at 10 am to check in our luggage. The guys with the "hawaiian shirts" will take good care of it.Tipped him about 1 dollar a luggage. We walked around the strand till 1130 for shopping and sight seeing. Had lunch on the ship by 1230. Checked our cabin by 1:30 and it was ready.

Don't know exactly when in January you are going, but...

I'm on a cruise leaving Sunday, January 8. I am booked in the Tremont House for Friday and Saturday night. A two-night minimum was required for that weekend; I couldn't book just Saturday night. It's fine with us as my husband really wanted to stay on the Strand and we are driving down, and I can easily take another day off from work (I'm a university librarian and classes don't resume until the 17th). But if you are flying, it could make a difference.

Tremont is a great hotel right where the action is. The hotel is beautiful and old fashion. They also take you to the ship with their van in the morning.

We had them take us to the pier at 10 am to check in our luggage. The guys with the "hawaiian shirts" will take good care of it.Tipped him about 1 dollar a luggage. We walked around the strand till 1130 for shopping and sight seeing. Had lunch on the ship by 1230. Checked our cabin by 1:30 and it was ready.

Hey, where you able to park your car there during the cruise?

Archived