Segway Tour in Cozumel

BayouGirlUSA

I am looking to do a Segway Tour in Cozumel. If anyone can give me some information, I would greatly appreciate it! I found Cozumel Tours with Johann and Sandra on the internet but it seems this company is not getting good reviews. It looks as though they sub-contract out to tour vendors and some vendors are not getting good reviews.

The Norwegian Spirit was offering a Segway Tour as a ship-sponsored excursion but when I went to the excursion portal of NCL, it seems it is no longer available as an option.

I will be cruising on the Spirit in March 2012!

We booked one for 11/5. It was the one thing my husband wanted to do, so I will let you know how it was. THere is snorkeling also. Keep my info and message me after the 7th!

Who did you book through....Cozumel Tours with Johann and Sandra?

We booked this through Cozumel Watersports. They meet you near the pier. Go to their website and they will live chat with you. We booked the minisubs with them before and they were excellent. We are going in January.

Sewut

• 3 months later...

OH MY GOSH! This was the best excursion ever! We had about an hour to kill before we met our guides, so we shopped a little then walked down to the El Cid, not a bad walk at all. The hotel is beautiful! While we were waiting the Jeep tour was also meeting there and there were tons of those people. I started getting worried because no one els that showed up was doing the Segway tour.... but it was the best thing! Just me and hubby and 2 guides! We had them all day to ourselves! :) We got in an open air bus type thing and rode down to Discover Mexico museum where the Segways were parked. Got about a 5 minute safety talk and how to's. Then we got on our Segways and practiced around the parking lot. Our guide "Bob" was awesome, he led the way and the other guy (forgot his name) followed with our stuff and snorkel gear and a cooler of water in a truck. We went about 7-9 miles, we guesstimated, of beautiful scenery, the side roads made just for us and scooters were perfect! We ended up at SOL, a beach club, had a Dos Equis and then got our gear, got changed and went snorkeling. GORGEOUS and perfect! Loved it. We were out there about 45 minutes, went back to the beach club to have a few more cervezas! and just hang out. Then we rode back. Got pics and all, couldn't have been more perfect or relaxing. If you do this, ask for BOB!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v439/txkris/?action=view&current=Day3-Segway1.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v439/txkris/?action=view&current=Day3-Segway1.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fsmg.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fv439%2Ftxkris%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DDay3-SegwayGuys.jpg

Couldn't get the pics to load directly here, so click the links to Photobucket.

Thank you for the message! I'm still not sure . . . I'm more interested in the segways than the snorkeling. I wish that part was at the end -- not the middle of the ride.

Did the 'Sol' area have a pool or was it just a snorkeling beach?

Thanks so much.

OH MY GOSH! This was the best excursion ever!

Thanx for the feedback.

We did the Segway when we were in San Juan, absolute blast.

Did you stop along the way? I am a bit into photography, and am curious about photo ops.

I am seriously considering this excursion.

Sandra,

the Sol did have a pool, but it was fresh water and COLD! :) If you don't want to snorkel, you could lay out and get some sun while others are snorkeling.

John, I left my camera in the truck that was following us, I guess if you wanted to take pics along the way you could, as long as there wasn't a big group. I just took pics when we got to stopping places. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Seems like cozumel water sports has the best price? Probably they are the direct operator...?

The operators are All Pro Tours (allprotours dot com) Our guide was Jose and Bobby was our driver. We were the only ones for our time slot and so we got a private tour. We picked up the segway right away, it reminds me of snow skiing, just a slight shifting of your weight. We went from the parking lot to Play Uvas. We have been there before, they have snorkeling, showers, pool, bar etc. Since we had snorkeled before, Jose took us to the Money Bar in the truck. We had been there before too, but that was okay. The snorkeling was better there than at Playa Uvas. Jose was wearing a wetsuit and still shivering. I teased him about it. We had a great time and then went back to Playa Uvas for showers and changed into our clothes. We got to ride the segways all the way back to the cruise terminal entrance since there were just two of us. It was a fun day and we still had time to shop at the port.

We booked this through Cozumel Watersports. They meet you near the pier. Go to their website and they will live chat with you. We booked the minisubs with them before and they were excellent. We are going in January.

Sewut

I see if you book with them another tour in same port or other ports, you get an additional discount

• 3 months later...

We booked through Shore Excursioner for our July segway/snorkel tour. It sounds similar to the others mentioned. Segway/beach club/segway. We did the Segway tour in San Juan last year and absolutely loved it. I hope this one is just as much fun.

Archived