Soda Cards & Coffee Cards

cruise&travelgirl

Brita has the same thing, you can get them at wal-mart for about 8 bucks, you can buy an insulated sleeve in the camping department for $3.

[quote name='catsforkids']The Bobbles look fantastic! Thank you! Will still bring my wide mouth bottles that accommodate ice but am definitely ordering two of those!

How often do you change the filter?

Thanks![/quote]

I also pack my own hot chocolate packets. I go up to the horizon court add some hot water and cream to it.
I just read a patter that said there is a discount if you buy coffee card from a bar

I am the only soda drinker and I always get the card. I usually ask for a large glass.

We always bring a bottle to carry water in for our tours. We fill it with the ship tap water it taste fine. I also like to bring a small lunch cooler and bring a few snacks along with us ( and a few pziplock bags) for raisins.
I have found this helpful for myself as well as if. Fellow traveler needs a snack or if a parent has run low and has a cranky hungry child

[quote name='Teacher_91']Just a quick question about the soda cards. Are they a 'punch type card' like the coffee cards or do you pay for the 'day' and it is 'unlimited' for the entire day?

I hope that makes sense.... :confused:

Thanks![/quote]

You pay for the entire cruise, it is a sticker on your cruise card, and it allows for unlimited fountain soda.

[quote name='Teacher_91']Just a quick question about the soda cards. Are they a 'punch type card' like the coffee cards or do you pay for the 'day' and it is 'unlimited' for the entire day?

Thanks![/quote]
The card is 15 "punches" for the specialty coffees AND unlimited brewed coffee for the duration of the cruise.

[quote name='zonacruiser25']Just read on a Sapphire at sea thread they offered a 20% discount on coffee cards first day at sea. Has anyone ever seen this before? For water we bring new Britta drinking water bottles. they have a filter built right in. Great for taking ashore![/quote]
Yes. I saw this on the Island this summer.

Thanks![/quote]
Ignore my first answer... I completely misunderstood your question. (And cannot figure out how to edit a post.)

Soda cards are a sticker on your room key. They are unlimited anywhere, throughout the cruise. You can't buy a single day... you buy the sticker for the whole cruise or not at all.

[quote name='Kmkub']Ignore my first answer... I completely misunderstood your question. (And cannot figure out how to edit a post.)

Soda cards are a sticker on your room key. [COLOR=red]They are unlimited anywhere, throughout the cruise.[/COLOR] You can't buy a single day... you buy the sticker for the whole cruise or not at all.[/quote]

Except on Princess Cays where they are not valid. ;)

[quote name='IECalCruiser']Soda card is $4.50/person/day + 15% gratuity for a cost of $5.18/person/day. The ultimate soda card which includes fruit juices all day, smoothies, mocktails and milkshakes in addition to soda is $7.00/person/day + 15% gratuity for a cost of $8.05/person/day. The coffee card is $29.00 + 15% gratuity for a cost of $33.35 and starting January 1 fresh brewed coffee is free only for the cruise the card was purchased on while the 15 punches are good for specialty drinks for any cruise.[/quote]

So f you have a coffee card bought on a previous cruise, how do they know on which cruise you purchased it????

[quote name='Bexhillgirl']So f you have a coffee card bought on a previous cruise, how do they know on which cruise you purchased it????[/quote]New cards will have the ship name and cruise date on the card. Cards not purchased for the cruise will only be good for specialty drink punches, not "free" brewed coffee.

[quote name='Bexhillgirl']So f you have a coffee card bought on a previous cruise, how do they know on which cruise you purchased it????[/quote]

They don't.

[B][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000]From Princess: Effective Jan 1 2012[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3]Coffee cards are being redesigned to include the ship and sailing on which they were purchased. [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3]Once these new cards go into effect, you will still be able to use all 15 punches over multiple sailings if you wish. [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][U][I]Any unused punches on cards that you currently possess will be honored. [/I][/U][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][U][I]The added benefit of free brewed coffees and specialty teas will only be applicable during the cruise indicated on the card.[/I][/U][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]

DW and I were told by the crew member who sold us a coffee card that we could share one between us so every morning we'd go to the international cafe and get a large latte and regular coffee. She would punch one hole in the card and we'd be on our way. Later in the day if we wanted another coffee we'd go through the same process, even if we got 2 latte's, she'd punch 2 holes. We had no problems at all.

Archived