DST on Grand Cayman

Bahama Mama 40

Which means . . . if my ship is set to leave GC at 4:30 p.m. - it's actually 3:30 p.m. GC time . . . correct?

Well, it depends on whether your ship follows DST or local time. I was told by Royal Caribbean that their ships will be the same as local time...so that messes up the 9:30 Stingray and Island tour I had booked with Nativeway!

Why, what time does your ship get in?

My ship gets in at 9:00 on April 18th. I e-mailed Sharon at NativeWay, and got a response today. She is moving the tour time to 10:30 instead of 9:30 (yay!!!), and said she wouldn't know until April 11th what time my ship actually arrives in GC, because no ships were able to tender yesterday.

I am on the Imagination getting in at 7:00. I guess I need to figure out what time the ship runs on. I am also booked on the 9:30 stingray/reef tour. I wonder if this is the same tour. Did she say why they were unable to tender?

I am on the Imagination getting in at 7:00. I guess I need to figure out what time the ship runs on. I am also booked on the 9:30 stingray/reef tour. I wonder if this is the same tour. Did she say why they were unable to tender?

I am on the Stingray and Island tour...not Stingray and Coral Reef. Sharon said, "unfortunately, none of the cruise ships stopped in Cayman on April 4 (the seas were too choppy in the harbor)."

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back from my cruise on Splendour of the Seas, and the person I spoke with at RCI about time changes was wrong! We did not change time in Grand Cayman, and we arrived at 8:00 instead of 9:00 - so had plenty of time for my 10:00 local time tour.

Just got off the Navigator and it stayed on EDT the entire cruise. The ship was there from 8 to 4 EDT or 7 to 3 Grand Cayman time.

The Splendour was "parked" next to you in Cozumel! We changed time zones when he got to Mexico, and again after leaving Cozumel - but were always on DST.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived